Chapter 12

"Hey, you okay?" Courtney asked Yolanda as they, along with Rick, Beth, Courtney's mom and Rick's parents pulled up to Yolanda's house, with a trailer attached to the back of Barb's car.

"Yeah, it's just hard to believe that after today, I'll never have to come to this house again. How did you get custody of me so quickly?" Yolanda asked Courtney's mom.

"Because this is the secret project Pat and I have been working on pretty much all summer, since we have a feeling that you wouldn't want to stay here for very long. I reached out to my boss Jordan Mahkent and he gave me full access to the American Dream's legal team to help do this, since he'd heard about what happened from his son Cameron and when I told him about what was going on with your family, he agreed that it would be better to have you somewhere away from them." Barbara explained.

"So really, when you asked Yolanda this morning, you were just asking so that she'd officially give her consent before we barged in." Courtney said.

"Pretty much." Barbara said as she made sure she had the paperwork the judge had given her, since it would be essential in keeping the cops off their backs, should Yolanda's parents suddenly decide they want their daughter around again.

"Come on, let's get this over with. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can make the guest room officially your room." Courtney said and Yolanda nodded in agreement, eager to finally be free of her family.

It turned out that the paperwork was unnecessary, since Yolanda's parents were more than happy to be rid of her and Yolanda couldn't help but feel a bit hurt by the fact that her own parents were happy she was leaving and likely not coming back.

However, that also made it easier for her to pack up the last of her stuff that was still in the house. Or at least, it was easier until she saw her cousin Alex, who also lived here, along with their grandmother, standing in front of her.

"So, you're really leaving?" Alex asked her and Yolanda nodde.d

'I'm sorry Alex, but I can't keep living here. Not while my parents refuse to let go of one mistake I made. And honestly, I was just being a teenage girl for once instead of their perfect daughter. I'm moving in with people who actually appreciate me." Yolanda said.

"I get that, but still, I'll miss you." Alex said.

"You'll miss having someone else here to keep mom and dad's attention off of you." Yolanda said with a chuckle.

"Of course, but even besides that." Alex said.

"Then maybe you should've actually stood up for me all the times my parents insisted on punishing me for something that wasn't my fault. Actually do something to make me feel welcome here. But you didn't and I can't take living under this roof anymore. I need a fresh start. This place isn't home anymore. And honestly, I'm not sure if it ever really was." Yolanda said as she picked up her last bag before walking out of the house for the last time without even thinking about looking back, since honestly, she was happy that she'd never have to come back to this house again, since all the good memories she had here were buried underneath all the bad ones that had been mad over the past few months.

She was happy that she'd finally be free and she was looking forward to her life without the negative influences of her family around her.

Jordan Mahkent was currently in his office at the American Dream, looking over the plans for his latest business trip, which was really his trip to deal with the last person that he blamed for his wife's death, when suddenly, he got an alert on his phone that an intruder had entered the tunnels.

"What the hell? Stephen." Jordan said, calling his CFO into his office.

"You got that alert too huh?" Stephen Sharpe asked him.

"Yeah, but how could anyone have gotten into the tunnels? We're the only ones who know about them." Jordan said.

"Well, maybe one of your other business partners was a little too chatty for their own good." Stephen said.

"Let's go see who it is before we decide who to kill." Jordan said and Stephen nodded, since honestly, his money was on either the Crocks or Wizard before they headed towards the hidden entrance to the tunnel network they'd made their base.