Chapter 22

"Wait, so not only is Cindy a metahuman like me, but she's also the daughter of a member of the JSA and sociopath." Yolanda asked after Courtney had explained to her, Rick, Pat, Barbara, Rex, Beth, Mike Carter, Kendra and Hector why she and Jenni had brought Cindy Burman to the Pit Stop.

"Yep and damn, her knives hurt." Courtney said as she pressed her hands to her side.

"Come on, you need to sit down. Barb, can you go get some ice from the fridge?" Pat asked his wife, who nodded before he helped Courtney sit down in a seat.

"Yeah, I'll be right back and then I think that if she's still in pain, we should take her to a hospital." Barb said as she rushed upstairs to where the fridge was.

"I always knew Cindy was evil. But what are we going to do with her, since it's not like we have a place to hold her in here." Yolanda asked.

"Actually, I think there might be a way we can." Courtney said.

"What do you mean?" Pat asked before he noticed Courtney's look at her brother.

"Wait, Mike?" Pat asked.

"I know it's risky, but honestly, I think that if MIke words his wish properly, we can get a much better superhero headquarters instead of just working out of your shop." Courtney said.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Carter said.

"First things first, Mike, I want you to wish that Cindy won't wake up until we've got an actual place to put her where she can't hurt anyone." Courtney said and Mike nodded as he pulled out the pen.

"Okay, I've been practicing and this is a relatively simple wish. I wish that Cindy Burman, the girl who's lying on the table unconscious in the Pit Stop in Blue Valley Nebraska will stay unconscious until we decide it's safe for her to wake up." MIke said carefully and Pat nodded approvingly, since that was a smart wish and it was relatively low risk.

Sure enough, pink sparks flew out of the pen and it assured them that Cindy was out cold.

"Okay, that solves that problem. But now, we need to figure out exactly how to word this base wish." Mike said.

"I think it should be an underground base, better to keep it hidden, since no offense, but I feel like the old base was kind of exposed." Courtney said.

"That's a good idea. Plus people would notice if a brand new building just popped up out of nowhere." Pat said as Barb returned with ice to put on Courtney's knife cuts.

"Okay so, let's get to work on that base wish, since we need to make sure we don't leave any stone unturned. We need to make sure we know exactly how we want this base to look like before Mike makes the wish." Pat said and they all nodded as Pat pulled out a white board for them to start working.

"Okay, I think we've got it." Mike said about a half hour later where they had the final wish written out on the board.

"Yep. Do your thing bro." Courtney said as she still winced slightly from the pain.

"Okay then, here we go. I wish that the current generation of the Justice Society of America had a new base of operations located here in Blue Valley Nebraska US and is located underground, connects to the Pit Stop garage owned by my father Pat Dugan, the Whitmore Dugan Residence, the Tyler family residence, the Hall Family Residence and Chapel family residence, but that the entrance to the base in the Chapel has to be hidden so that no one besides Beth Chapel, who is a member of the JSA, can find it, and the base needs to be stocked with everything we need to fight against the Injustice Society of America, including, but not limited to, a meeting room, a garage big enough to hold my dad's Stripe robot, along with any cars, a training room that can handle the power of the thunderbolt, the cosmic staff and the green lantern ring, a fully stocked infirmary, a lab for the science types and basically everything else the original JSA headquarters had, along with a memorial room to honor the memories of all the JSA members who are no longer with us and that you could make it happen without anyone else in Blue Valley, including the Injustice Society, from knowing it's happening." Mike said, hoping that he'd made his wish clear enough that the Thunderbolt wouldn't be able to put any of his usual flair into it.

"Wow, that's a big one." the Thunderbolt said as he flew out of the pen.

"Does that mean you can't do it, since I'm pretty sure that I didn't break any of the rules." Mike said.

"Oh no I can do this, but it won't be easy and I'll likely need a few days to recharge after something like this, but I can do it. I just needed to come out of the pen to do it. Now if you'll excuse me." the Thunderbolt said before he floated down into the ground.

"So, what do you think he'll come up with?" Courtney asked Mike, who shrugged.

"I don't know. My wish was pretty accurate, but it still left a lot open to interpretation. I just hope that it's something we can work with." Mike said and Courtney nodded.

"I'm surprised we're not feeling any shaking, since there is a lot of underground construction going on?" Kendra asked.

"It was part of my wish to keep anyone else from finding out about this." Mike explained.

"I wonder how long it will take him to do it all." Yolanda said.

"I don't know, but I hope he'll have enough energy left to heal me, because man, I'm sore." Courtney said.

"I wonder why Cindy would attack you in the first place? It seems kind of counterproductive to the ISA to actually have one of their kids attack a random person, since there's no way Cindy could've known you had the staff before tonight." Pat said.

"We'll just add that to the long list of questions we need to have her answer." Courtney said, slipping into her role as the team's leader while they waited for the Thunderbolt to finish.