Chapter 24

"What was so urgent that you needed to call a meeting this late?" Larry Crock asked Jordan Mahkent as they along with Larry's wife Paula, Steven Sharpe, Anya Bowin, William Zarrick, Henry King Sr and to his surprise Dr. Shiro Ito gathered in the meeting room of their base. Though they were also known by other names. Sportsmaster, Icicle, Tigress, the Gambler, the Fiddler, the Wizard, Brainwave and Dragon King. The Injustice Society of America.

"Don't ask me. Ask the man who let his daughter off her leash." Jordan said as all eyes turned to Dragon King.

"You say that like it was intentional. Cynthia went off the reservation, despite my best efforts to keep her on it." Dragon King said.

"What happened?" Brainwave asked.

"Cynthia was captured by a new incarnation of the JSA." Dragon King said.

"What? If she talks, our entire operation is blown." Larry said angrily.

"Cynthia won't talk. She may have made a dash for freedom, but I've conditioned her to know the consequences of talking and before you all start yelling, you should know that there is a silver lining to all of this." Dragon King said.

"How can there possibly be a silver lining to any of this?" Paula demanded.

"Because the reason Cynthia got captured is because she attacked the current wielder of the cosmic staff. The same girl she has a punching dummy of in her room. Which means." Ito said as Jordan caught on.

"We id the girl, we learn the identity of the JSA's new leader." Jordan said.

"Exactly. Still think all is lost?" Ito asked as Jordan grinned.

"Give the picture to Stephen and run it through facial recognition. We need an ID asap, so that we can find her immediately." Jordan said.

"And once we do, are we going to kill her?" Larry asked.

"Not immediately. Discovering this Stargirl's identity is only the first step in discovering the rest of the JSA. Once we find her name, we find out who she associates herself with and then use that information to find any other JSA members she may have recruited." Jordan said.

"Sounds like a smart strategy, but how do we even know that there is a new JSA? One person using an old stick does not equal a whole team?" Henry asked.

"Better safe than sorry, since I don't want to turn her into a martyr. Best to have a repeat of history, wipe them all out in one fell swoop. Besides, the Hawks have recently moved to Blue Valley and I for one do not think that is a coincidence." Jordan said.

"Nor do I. I believe it would be in our best interests if you all make sure you're not rusty. Well, except for Sportsmaster and Tigress." Ito said.

"You know, you might not be as bad as I thought." Larry said.

"Why don't they need to make sure they're not rusty?" William asked.

"If the number of complaints Anya has given me about them making her have to replace her football coaches is any indication, I'd say they've found ways to keep themselves sharp." Jordan said.

"Speaking of which, if I were you two, I'd stop murdering my coaches before I have to do something unfortunate." Anya said.

"Oh, and what does that mean?" Paula asked.

"You say you're looking out for your daughter, so maybe the best solution is to remove her from the team." Anya said.

"You wouldn't." Larry said.

"And I don't want to, but honestly, not only is replacing my coaches annoying and becoming harder, but the more bodies you drop, the harder it is to maintain our cover." Anya said.

"Anya's right. You two need to tone it back a notch on the killing. I appreciate how supportive you are of your daughter, but if the local cops start realizing there's a trend to the deaths, well then, we risk exposure. Especially since we've come so far and so close to our goal now to be derailed. Which is why we need to find this wannabe Starman before she becomes an even bigger problem." Jordan said and all the ISA members nodded, since they knew that their leader was right, since there was a reason that Jordan called the shots.