TV series review #3

Hello! Hello!
How are you doing?
Any interesting news you want to tell me?

As for me, I took the Proficiency Exam this morning. Results will come out in August but I think I have passed :)
Now more studying awaits :")

Anywayw these days I m a bit obsessed with this amazing animated series about which I 'll rant to you today :D

PREPARE YOURSELF

The Dragon Prince

The Dragon Prince is 3-season series so far whose animation is a mixture of 2D and 3D. Each season has about 9 episodes and you can find them all on Netflix!

Plot:
~Long ago, Xadia was one land, rich in magic and wonder. In the old times, there were only the six primal sources of magic: the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, the Earth, the Sky and the Ocean. But, a thousand years ago, a human mage discovered new magic: the seventh source, Dark Magic. It used the essence within magical creatures themselves to unleash dark power. Horrified by what they saw, the elves and the dragons put a stop to the madness. They drove every last human to the west, and so, the continent was divided in two. In the East, the magical lands of Xadia, and in the West, the human kingdoms. For centuries the king of the dragons himself defended the border. The humans called him "Thunder", for when he spoke, his voice shook the earth and the sky. But, on the eve of last winter's turn, the humans used unspeakable dark magic to slay Thunder. Then, without mercy, they destroyed his only egg, his heir, the dragon prince. Now the world stands on the edge of all-our war...~

Rayla's first mission as an assasin is revenge. She and her team have been assigned to murder the king and his son just like he murdered Thunder and the dragon prince. But things rarely go as planned. Rayla and the human princes, Callum and Ezran, discover something they never thought they would find again: hope for the world. The dragon prince is alive. If only they manage to return this dragon egg to its mother in Xadia, then... there might be a chance for peace to return.

What I don't like

•"Kids show" moments
My mom watched a couple episode and she said that it's a kids series. Although there's no doubt she is wrong about this, I can't blame her for thinking so. As amazing as The Dragon Prince is, there are a lot of moments and elements that you would typically find in a "children's show". This means it can be too simple or cliché or have stuff that don't make much sense at times. However, those elements are not that prevalent so I believe they won't prevent you from enjoying it, should you decide to give it a chance.

•Cliché & stupid fantasy stuff
Sadly yes. I believe it becomes pretty obvious that part of the show is trash as soon as you see the words "Dark magic" in the introduction. It really is a huge cliché in fantasy. Other really stupid elements include gigantic spider monsters, a "Magma Titan" (basically that cliché giant thing that consists of black rocks and lava) and the grand finale of the third season. Especially the latter was horrible. I 'll spoil you here and say it includes the villain transforming the entire army of the five human kingdoms into Sunfire zombies that growl instead of talking. Yup truly one of the worst finales ever 👌