Popcorn night#4

Hello hello
How are you doing?

I feel like people are becoming less and less interested in this book which is perfectly normal considering it has 95 chapters lmao. It's a bit disappointing but in any case I 'll continue writing it because I enjoy it and that's all :)

Sooo
If you are still here, let me introduce you to our topic: One of the most recent and popular Disney movies ever:

E n c a n t o

Encanto is an animated fantasy movie  made by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released in 2021. One of the film's songs, We Don't Talk About Bruno, has become a huge success and there was a fuzz about the film itself as well. So, I, too, decided to watched that incredible movie everyone is talking about. My opinion? Overrated.  Let's see why

Plot
The Madrigals are a family full of wonders: every child born in that family receives a Gift -a magical power they use in order to help the other people who live in the magical valley with them. Every Madrigal has one- except for Mirabel. She is the one who is always the outsider and now, on top of that she is seeing visions of their magical house crumbling and the flame of candle that provides all of this magic dying. That is how her quest to save the magic, save her family begins!

Why would I recommend it

Wonderful meanings. Yes, I said before that as a movie it's overrated but it's still a great film and the reason for this is the great meanings it promotes. The film dives into the psychology of certain characters, thus, revealing that as "perfect" someone may seem, they, too, have their flaws and insecurities. Let's take a more detailed look at this, shall we? (Spoiler alert!!)

-> Luisa Madrigal

Luisa's Gift is incredible strength

Luisa's Gift is incredible strength. She always lends her help to whoever needs it and thus, is always busy. Because of her Gift and the fact that she manages to pull off any work she is assigned to do, everyone asumes her inner strength is unbreakable as well and they end up relying on her. She seems to be "the strong one" who can do anything you want her to do without a break or protest. Everything turns out wrong though when, in her attempt to learn more about the magic, Mirabel asks Luisa if she knows anything about it since she is pretty nervous lately. That is when it is revealed that even the "strong one" isn't perfect. In fact, it's exactly the pressure of trying to be perfect, that causes Luisa to feel insecure and nor good enough. She is so afraid to accept herself as she is, that she hides her insecurities and problems making matters worse.