Chapter Six

*The Day of the Event*

*Crystal POV*

The hotel ballroom underwent a stunning transformation into a vibrant nightclub, blending the energy of Hip Hop with the laid-back vibes of Reggae. This opportunity not only allowed me to showcase some island flavor but also marked a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

With a backdrop reminiscent of street dance scenes and urban projects, the theme resonated with Dave Lee, the groom-to-be, whose grandparents hailed from Jamaica. The concept of an urban island mix was warmly received.

The party was set to commence at 7 pm, leaving me with less than an hour to prepare and welcome the guests. After a quick shower, I dressed in a sleek black spaghetti strap dress, accentuated with red accessories, and a silhouette that hugged my curves just right. Despite feeling a bit exposed due to the low-cut back, Jessica insisted, and I acquiesced.

Glancing at my reflection one last time, I headed out the door, arriving at the hotel just in time to greet the first guests. Among them were Steven Curry and some of his teammates, towering figures that made me feel small in comparison.

As the night unfolded, the party buzzed with excitement. I mingled with notable figures like Andrew Iguodala, Andre Stoudamire, Trey Thompson, and Jason Morant, alongside singers, actors, and rappers. The star-studded event rivaled even the Grammy's.

The highlight of the evening was a surprise performance by Ms. Fenty herself, drawing thunderous applause from the crowd, particularly the male guests.

During the performance, a drunken guest approached me, his breath heavy with alcohol as he made inappropriate advances. Despite my attempts to disengage, he persisted, insulting me and refusing to let go of my hand.

Frustrated and insulted, I reacted instinctively, resulting in an unintended altercation. Fortunately, a security guard intervened, escorting the guest away discreetly.

Returning to the party, I was approached by Steven Curry, fearing the worst. However, to my surprise, he expressed understanding and offered to handle the situation amicably, reassuring me that his teammate would be taken care of.

As the night drew to a close, despite the earlier hiccup, the event was deemed a success, with several attendees expressing interest in future collaborations.

*Raymond POV*

I wasn't particularly thrilled about attending the event, still reeling from a recent breakup. My ex-girlfriend's betrayal cut deep, compounded by the memory of my daughter's mother abandoning us years ago.

Roaming the room aimlessly, I exchanged pleasantries with a few acquaintances, avoiding lengthy conversations. My presence was merely a show of support for my friend DL.

Considering slipping away for some fresh air, I hesitated, feeling a pull to turn around. And that's when I laid eyes on her...