A job with Gray

Yuki stretched and sat up. Her room was in the building that Fairy Tail owned. They had one for the woman and a different building for the men. Jade was asleep on Yuki's pillow right next to her. It had been a week since they joined Fairy Tail and she had come to love everyone there. Even Juvia, the water mage who seemed to be deeply in love with Gray and kept calling her 'love rival' because he had been the one to carry her int the guild hall. Apparently she wasn't the only 'love rival' either, Lucy was one too. How that had happened Yuki didn't know because Lucy clearly had the hots for Natsu not Gray. Yuki had met Gajeel the iron dragon slayer and Laxus the lightening dragon slayer. She was amazed to find that this guild already had four dragon slayer, her kind where meant to be very rare and dying out because all the dragons had vanished. Everyone in the guild was cool and the guild hall was always lively. Full of people laughing and having a good time. There was the occasional fight but that was something Yuki could get into. Yuki got up and got dressed. Jade woke up shortly after her and the two left the room. Coming out of her room Yuki saw Levy. She was the guild's bookworm and she was super smart.

"Morning Levy." Yuki greeted. Levy looked up from her book she was reading and smiled.

"Oh morning Yuki, morning Jade. Are you guys heading to the guild hall?"

"Yeah Jade and I were actually think about taking on a job. I mean we have been here a week, it's about time we starting doing our bit for the guild."

"Well if you guys need any help you can ask. I have to go to the library. Jet, Droy and I have a bot of a complicated job of de coding a message for a client."

"That sounds hard but knowing you you'll crack it soon enough."

"Love rival!" Yuki whipped around to see Juvia glaring at her.

"Well see you later, I think it is about time Jade and I took our leave."

"Bye." Levy called after them as the disappeared down the hall...

"Um...this one looks good." Said Jade handing Yuki a job request to look at. Yuki took it and read it.

"A monster in the mountains has been terrorising the village beneath it. So we just have to take the thing out? Seems easy enough."

"You might think that but Levy wouldn't do that." Said Gray who appeared next to her, looking at the job request. "She said a monster that can cause that much damage to the town was not going to be easy to take down."

"Well no matter what it is I'm sure Jade and I can take it down."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean shouldn't you take this one easy, it being your first job and all."

"Gray this poor village is being attacked by this thing. How can I put it down now I know that? That would just be cruel and you should have a little more faith. I can take this thing down and I will."

"Maybe I should come with you." Gray nervously scratched his head. "Just to make sure your okay."

"Thanks for worrying but we will be fine. Jade and I have got by on our own all this time before and we can do it again."

"Yes but your a part of Fairy Tail now. You don't have to fight alone anymore that the whole point of being a family."

"Family..." Yuki looked at the floor. "That's something I haven't had in a long time."

"But you have one now. Let me help you."

"Hmmmm, Gray I'm not stupid. Somethings up, I get that I haven't been here long but I know that your not the kind of guy to offer to help someone like that out of the blue." Gray sighed.

"Alright fine. Juvia is kind of getting on my nerves a lot lately and I'm looking for a break but I do want to help you too."

"Jade?"

"I guess he can come." She said pretending to be annoyed.

"Alright then go pack what you need and put some clothes on. I'm not walking around with a guy in his underwear."

"Have you ever thought that I don't want to be walking around with a girl with no shoes on?"

"I think walking around with no shoes on it completely different to just being in your underwear."

"I don't see much of a difference myself." Yuki sighed.

"Fine whatever you can stay naked just go and get your things we're leaving in 10 minuets, if your not ready we leave without you."

"That's a little cold."

"Then you should be used to it then being an ice wizard and all." Yuki said walking off.