Safe Place Called Home

Tricia

I was once asked by my professor back in college, "Who are the people you call 'home'?"

My answer was very easy and simple. "My family is my home, Sir."

Mama, ate Aiks, and Jill have always been my home since 1994, especially Papa. They forever hold a special place inside my heart.

But now, if you ask me the same question, I will tell you the same answer, with a little difference.

"Tricia, Tricia, Triciaaaaa!" I heard a woman's voice call me. One of the special women I have and hold on to.

"Dumating na 'yung mga photocards na in-order koooo!" She happily exclaimed.

She opened the parcel that had just arrived in front of me, excitedly unpacking the photocards of guys *coughs* that she loves.

"Halaaa! Taeyong at Jungwoo ko! Ampogiii!" Pagtili niya while checking out the first few photocards.

I watched her scream out of happiness upon seeing her new photocards, mentioning the names Jaehyun, Haechan, Johnny, Doyoung and so much more.

Why do I know them? Of course, this pretty girl in front of me has always mentioned them. From their newest albums, to collections of merchandises of her favorite Korean boy group.

I'm not complaining either. I'd rather spend hours listening to her 'chikas' about it than complain because I know how much she loves them.

Mas lumiwanag naman ang ngiti niya nang makita ang huling photocards. "Love, oh! Look at these!"

She showed me the last few photocards. They were photos of me and her, me individually, and her individually.

"Uy, you got them printed, too?"

"Yes, I got a selfie of me printed for you. Keep it anywhere you like," Y/N said, handing me the photocard of her selfie.

"Then this," She continued, showing me a photo she took of me, "This is mine. The photocard and the subject." She claimed.

Napangiti ako sa sinabi niya. This girl never fails to make me smile.

"Ay sus, kilig siya oh," Y/N teased.

"'Di ka sure, miss," I joked.

"Sorry, pero sure ako, ma'am." She replied with finality.

Y/N is home, too. Alongside the girls and Papa, they are home. They will always be home.

They are the people that I will run to when I feel down, share kwentos and achievements with, the ones I will love and treasure forever.

(art by saintjackson; do not repost !)

——
something short before i go to bed, goodnight <3