Drunk (Part 1)

Y/N'S POV

I've been trying to talk to my parents about this matter. I repeatedly told them about how I disagree with this arranged marriage.

I had promised myself that I'm not marrying anyone unless I see myself living a couple's married life.

But, look at me now. I got married to someone I don't even know. Pretty uncommon, but my parents and hers arranged a marriage for us.

You're right. Her.

That's why I said it wasn't common, at least for me. I used to watch dramas where a guy gets his marriage arranged with some girl he doesn't like. I'm living the same life now.

It's been six months since the wedding and we're still treating each other like complete strangers despite living under one roof. Sad but true.

Tricia rarely cooks for us, so do I. We're living like we are alone in this house, basically doing anything for ourselves.

My parents visited us earlier this morning, we even had breakfast together. Tricia wasn't entertaining them that much, but she was answering their questions whenever they asked.

The house returned to its usual quiet atmosphere after my parents left. Not long after they left, nakita kong nakabihis si Tricia.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To unwind."

A few hours later, I decided to turn on the TV and watch some teleseryes. It's already late, but Tricia isn't home yet. She usually arrives by 7 or 8 in the evening.

But it's past 10 and she isn't home yet.

I didn't want to send her a message and look like a concerned wife. But my inner self told me to do it. I decided to wait for a few more minutes.

Hindi naman nagtagal ay narinig kong may nag-doorbell sa gate, si Tricia na siguro 'yun. Pero bakit pa siya nagd-doorbell?

I hurriedly ran outside to open the gate. And to my surprise, nakita kong inaalalayan si Tricia ng mga kaibigan niya.

"Anong nangyari sa kanya?"

"She got drunk, Y/N. Hindi nga namin in-expect na iinom siya ng gano'n karami kasi alam naming alam niya na mababa ang alcohol tolerance niya." her friends explained.

I apologized for the inconvenience she may have caused and told them that I'll take care of her. I'm her wife, obviously.

Inalalayan ko siya papasok and dumiretso kami sa banyo to wash her up.

"Nasaan ako? Bahay ko ba 'to? Where is Y/N?" Tricia blurted out. It was the first time I heard her look for me.

"Shh, you're home. Halika na, hihilamusan na kita," I replied.

Kinuha ko ang towel niya and her bath essentials.

"Sino ka? Where's my wife? I want my wife, not you." her sober voice kept on surprising me. This was the first time she looked for her 'wife'.

Medyo na-curious naman ako kung sino ang tinutukoy niya, so I can't help but ask. "Sino ba 'yung asawa mo?"

"Si Y/N.." she slowly replied.

After washing her up, I carefully brought her in my room. Our room, supposedly. Inihiga ko siya sa kama and went to get her clothes.

"Alam mo ba, kahit ayaw ko 'yung arranged marriage namin ni Y/N, I'm sometimes thankful na nangyari 'yun.."

"Why?"

"Kasi I met Y/N.. kahit na 'di kami nagpapansinan, I don't find her hard to love," Tricia explained. "Baka i-sumbong mo 'ko kay Y/N, ha. Nahihiya ako.."

"Bakit ka naman nahihiya?"

"I'm starting to ano- to like her.." she giggled like a teenager talking about her crush.

Her sober thoughts are driving me crazy, I never thought she's starting to feel this way.

"Kaamoy mo si Y/N. Parehas kayo ng pabango 'no?"

"Huh?"

"Ikaw ha, you're copying my wife's perfume. Bawal 'yan."

Hindi pa nagsisink-in ang mga sinasabi ni Tricia pero eto na naman. I can't believe she even knows the perfume scent I often use.

Pagkatapos ko siyang tulungan magpalit, inayos ko na ang higa niya at kinumutan siya.

Before I left the room, I heard her speak.

"Hatid mo 'ko bukas, ah. Baka nag-aalala na si Y/N.."

(illustration by saintjackson; do not repost !)

----
i don't really like the illustration but anyway :')