Harang

Y/N'S POV

May guest room kami and pwedeng-pwede kong patulugin si Tricia doon for the night, but the other side of my head says no.

Yes, nagtatampo ako sa kanya dahil hindi niya naalala na today is our monthsary.

When she went home earlier this morning after her shift at the hospital, I didn't hear the words, "Happy monthsary, Y/N!" come out of her mouth. Hinayaan ko na lang kasi she must be tired and she needs to rest.

But, hello? This day is about to end and she hasn't remembered anything? Tinanong niya pa nga kung bakit parang may handaan sa dinner namin kanina.

Monthsary lang naman natin ngayon, Tricia, oo.

She just remembered it when I started to ignore her.

I just decided to put a pillow in between. No cuddles for tonight, Tricia. This is our first time sleeping like this.

Here we are, facing both sides of the room while our backs are touching the pillow. I'm trying to fight the urge to hug you.

I tried closing my eyes, hoping na pagdilat ko ay umaga na, but I just can't sleep.

Then, I felt the bed shift, and I also felt a finger poking my sides. I knew it was her, so I turned to face Tricia.

I saw her pouting at me, uttering the words, "I'm sorry na kasi,"

"Huy, sorry na. I can't sleep like this, lovey. Can I hug you now? Please?"

I let out a sigh, then took the pillow off. I pulled her for an embrace like we always do when we go to sleep.

"I'm sorry,"

"Shh, it's okay na. Don't apologize anymore." I patted her back.

"I love you, happy monthsary."

"I love you more. Happy monthsary."

(illustration by saintjackson; do not repost !)