Bal Masqué

Tricia and Y/N were invited to a masquerade ball. Tita Leni helped the two women get formal clothes for the event. Both wore the same color, black.

The latter also offered them a ride to the venue, which the two didn't hesitate to accept. But of course, it also meant the other two tagging along — Aika and Jillian.

Along the way, they were all chatting and joking about how Y/N looks so gorgeous, while their mom only listened, focusing on the road.

"Nako, Ate Trish, baka marami kang maging kaagaw pagdating niyo dun," the bunso, Jillian, joked.

"Bakuran mo na 'yan doon, girl," dagdag ni Aika, which made them laugh, including their mama.

Moments later, they arrived at the place. Aika and Jillian were in awe upon seeing the mansion. Tricia asked her mama na ibaba na lang sila sa tapat ng entrance, so she did.

Sabay silang pumasok sa loob, confirming their names on the guest list, then walking along the corridor towards the main hall, where the ball takes place. The two both wore their masks and went inside.

Upon entering the hall, they were greeted with lavish decorations, up and down, men and women in their formal clothing, and the staff, too.

The guests were surely known figures, isang tinginan mo pa lang, alam mo na agad na bigatin ang mga ito.

Medyo nakaramdam ng kaba ang dalawa, maybe because it's their first time attending a masquerade ball, and they didn't know how things work in here.

"Sayaw-sayaw lang naman 'to, 'di ba?" Tricia asked, she was the one who accepted the invite, thinking it would be fun to attend the ball with Y/N.

"Well, it's music, dancing, and fun, so 'wag ka nang kabahan dyan,"

"Hoy, hindi kaya ako kinakabahan,"

"Tss. Your eyes can tell, my love."

"Whatever you say,"

Maya-maya, they were given drinks, two glasses of champagne. Tricia wasn't fond of wines and alcohol, mainly because of her low tolerance for it. While Y/N enjoyed the champagne, even the first to offer toasts between the two of them.

Then, a man in his tuxedo— well, most of them were wearing tuxedo, so let me give a better description.

A man in a black and gold mask, hair slicked back, oxfords in black, approached the two. He was accompanied by another person, probably his best friend.

"Hello there," he greeted. The two returned the polite gesture with a smile. "Especially you." he added, referring to Y/N.

That enough caused Tricia to glare at the guy. Thankfully, the masks hid her deadly stares, so the guy did not notice. But Y/N knew how she would react towards the guy's gesture.

"Shall we offer the both of you a friendly dance?" the other man asked.

Dahil hindi naman makatanggi, they accepted the offer and the four of them went to dance.

Tricia kept herself calm and composed, but her eyes continued to look at Y/N.

The latter managed to shot a glance, pero hindi ito nagtagal.

After the dance, they decided to part ways, and the two returned back to their places. Hindi naman nila nalimutang mag-thank you sa dalawang nakapartner nila.

As Y/N continued to sip on the glass of champagne, naramdaman niyang may kamay na humahawak sa kamay niya, intertwining them together.

Pero inalis niya ito. Instead, putting it on Tricia's waist, pulling her closer.

"Selos yarn?" pang-aasar na bulong ni Y/N.

"Shut up." the other replied, which made Y/N chuckle.

The party ended later on, cars arrive and go, picking up the guests and leaving. There were still some people inside the hall, but Y/N and Tricia decided to get out.

Naisipan nilang tumambay muna sa garden ng mansyon, which hindi naman ipinagbabawal. They decided na doon na muna sila habang hinihintay ang sundo nila.

"Psst," Y/N called Tricia's attention.

"Hmm?"

"Let's dance?"

Agad namang tumayo sa Tricia and took Y/N's hand, they both laughed as they faced each other.

"Pero walang tugtog," said Y/N.

"Edi kantahin na lang natin," Tricia replied.

She started to hum as they both sway from side to side, enjoying their little dance at the garden.

Patuloy sila sa pagsayaw as Tricia continued to hum a song. They even closed their eyes. Feel na feel.

Ramdam na ramdam nila ang pagsasayaw, not until nakarinig sila ng busina ng sasakyan na ikinagulat nilang dalawa. They exchanged glances and laughed.

Tumakbo sila papunta sa sasakyan then went inside.

"Ganda ng sayaw niyo dun ah. Dapat pala kinuhanan ko ng video," Aika teased.

"Actually, may mga pictures ako dito," saad ni Jillian.

"Send niyo sa akin 'yan, ha. Post ko," VP Leni said, making the two laugh.

"Mama!" pagprotesta ni Tricia.

"Shh, ang cute niyo kaya doon." her mama replied.

" her mama replied

(illustrations by saintjackson; do not repost !)

------------------

happy 10k reads omg, i made two versions of illustrations for this chapter. labs na labs :>