Drunk (Part 3)

Tricia's POV

Curiosity and overthinking lead me to asking what confession was she talking about earlier. Natatakot ako na baka nasaktan ko siya, or it was about the feelings I'm starting to develop for her.

Wag naman po muna sana, Lord. What if she doesn't feel the same way?

Bigla ko namang naalala kung paano niya ako nginitian kanina. I guess it was enough to assure me that it's going to be fine.

Aamin naman ako in time, pero bakit naman parang kung kailan pa 'ko nalasing, saka naman ako biglang napasabi ng nararamdaman ko para sa kanya?

Ni hindi ko nga rin maalala 'yung pinagsasabi ko, jusko.

I hesitantly approached Y/N, who's currently washing the dishes. Habang palapit ako sa kanya ay gano'n din ang pagtindi ng kabang nararamdaman ko. Nakakaloka ang mga pangyayari, ha.

Pinagmasdan ko pa siyang saglit, thinking if I should ask or just leave and act like I never went near her.

But I think it's more embarrassing if I just leave, I'm sure she's aware that I'm just behind her.

It's now or never, Tricia.

"Um.. Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"Pwedeng magtanong?"

"What is it?"

Napakatahimik ng paligid namin, and the only sound I could hear was that of my own heart pounding loudly in my ears.

"Ano— ano 'yung sinabi ko kagabi?" I've never been this nervous while asking. My goodness.

Y/N let out a chuckle. Huwag mo akong tawanan, girl.

"Gusto mo bang malaman?" Oo teh, kaya nga nagtatanong ako, 'di ba?

"Oo?"

I saw her nod while continuing to rinse the dishes she had just finished scrubbing.

"You were looking for me last night when I was washing you up. It surprised me, because I never heard or seen you look for me. I don't even remember a time my name once came out of your mouth," Y/N told me.

"Until last night happened. You even referred to me as your 'wife', Tricia. You also kept on telling me not to peek or even turn around while you were changing. I remember you saying, 'Wag kang lilingon ha. Magagalit si Y/N' ng paulit-ulit," she even tried to imitate the way she heard it.

Deep inside, hinihiling ko nang magpalamon sa lupa. Even I can't believe I actually said those stuff.

"Then you told me you're starting to like me. I just kept in mind na lasing ka lang kagabi kaya 'wag kang mag-alala, we can just forget that and I'll act like you never told me anything." Y/N assured.

I felt my heart tighten with what she said. I don't want her to think that it's not true.

"But, a drunk mind speaks a sober heart, right?" I opposed.

"And?"

"Do you like me, Y/N?"

It took her a while to respond. "Why are you asking me that?"

Mariin akong napapikit. I had to use the courage I have left in me to answer.

"Kasi totoo lahat ng sinabi ko kagabi, Y/N."

And after the last dish, she cleaned the kitchen surface and turned off the faucet to face me. She looked me in the eye, I can't explain what they're trying to tell. Napaiwas na lang ako ng tingin.

"What if I tell you that I feel the same way you do? Anong gagawin mo?"

"Do you?" she raised a brow.

"Hindi ka din naman mahirap mahalin, Tricia. This whole six months we've been living together, I got to know you kahit na hindi tayo nagpapansinan," Y/N stated. "So, anong gagawin mo?"

My heart was rejoicing, para akong nabunutan ng malaking tinik sa lalamunan.

"Can I hug you?" I asked for consent.

You didn't hesitate to open your arms, inviting me for a hug. That was an enough answer. I immediately approached closer, but I held your hand and turned you around to hug you from behind. I planted a light kiss on your head and held you closer.

Hindi ko naman nalimutan 'yung tanong mo. I already had an answer in mind.

"Let's get married again. Real promises this time, Y/N."

(illustration by saintjackson; do not repost !)

this is what i had in mind while writing the last part btw

this is what i had in mind while writing the last part btw. :')

end.