Butter-scented Lover

Tricia had just arrived from Turkey and the first thing she wanted to do was visit Y/N, who surely missed the doctor. She waved goodbye to her mama and siblings and told them she'll be visiting her lover.

"Mag-iingat ka, ha. Tell Y/N I said hi," said Leni, which she nodded at.

"Ako rin, ate. Sabihin mo nami-miss ko na siya, hehe," Jill too.

"Oo na, jusko. I'm sure miss ka na rin asarin no'n," Tricia replied.

"Me too, Trish. Take care, girl," Aika uttered. They surely love Y/N. "Go na, sigurado akong excited ka nang makita no'n."

Akala nila na Y/N already knew they'll be back in the Philippines today, but wala talaga siyang alam. Y/N frequently asked Tricia about it, pero the latter never answered the question.

She wanted to surprise Y/N.

It took an hour or two for Tricia to arrive at Y/N's house, medyo ma-traffic kasi ngayon, and the airport is quite far from their house. Sana nandito ngayon 'yun, she wished.

Y/N often goes out these past few weeks. Aside from missing Tricia, binibisita niya rin 'yung bagong bahay na ipinapatayo niya. Nagtatrabaho rin siya, so madalas talaga siyang wala sa bahay.

The doctor pressed the bell twice bago siya napagbuksan ng gate. It was Y/N's older sister who opened it for her, by the way.

"OMG, Tricia! You're home na!"

"Hi, Ate Dani! I missed you!"

The two women hugged each other with delight. Hindi naman halatang na-miss nila ang isa't isa, 'no?

"Alam na ba ni Y/N na nandito na kayo?" Dani asked her.

"No pa, ate. Gusto ko siyang i-surprise. Nandyan ba siya sa loob?"

"Ooh, I see. And yes, Y/N's inside. Busy nga magluto, eh."

"Really? Gosh, na-miss ko mga luto niya!"

Y/N loves to cook, na palagi namang ine-enjoy ni Tricia. The young lady often told Y/N na ang galing niyang mag-plate ng dishes. Very Instagram-worthy.

After the short chikahan, Dani invited Tricia inside, helping her with the bags she had in hand. Pagkapasok nila sa loob, they were both greeted by a busy Cal, Y/N's younger brother, playing with his PS5.

"Psst, hi, Calvin!" Tricia waved at him.

"Hi, Doc. Ilan pasyente natin today?" he seemed to forget that Tricia went to Turkey, nakasanayan na rin kasi niya 'to.

"Kaka-PS5 mo 'yan, Cal," she laughed.

"Ay, galing pala kayo ng Turkey, hehe. Where's my pasalubong?"

"No pasalubongs hangga't 'di mo sinasabi sa 'kin kung kamusta ang law school mo, Attorney."

Calvin paused the game he was playing to be able to talk to Tricia properly. "The usual, Doc. Mahirap pero kinakaya. Now, where's the pasalubong?"

"Aral mabuti, ha. Don't let the PS5 distract you," Tricia reminded him. Although alam naman niya na Calvin is a responsible and disciplined young man, she still reminds him.

"Yes, ate."

"Sige, puntahan ko lang si Y/N," Tricia stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen. She could already smell the food that is being cooked and she instantly knew it will be good. Si Y/N pa ba.

There she saw one figure standing. A smile immediately rose on the doctor's lips.

"Hmm, bango," she commented, making the other look at her.

Y/N was surprised nang makita niya si Tricia sa tabi niya, "Hala, nakauwi na pala kayo. Hi, pretty. I missed you,"

"Hi, cutie. Na-miss rin kita, veeeeery much. Ang bango naman ng niluluto mo," she replied. "Ikaw rin, ang bango mo. You smell like the food you're cooking,"

They laughed. "Grabe ka naman. At least mabango pa rin. How's Turkey?"

"Good. Na-enjoy naman naming lahat. We went to many places, tried many dishes and such. A very wonderful experience. Have you seen the food we ate there?"

"Oo. I saw it in pattyplatito. They look tasty,"

"They are! I wish you could taste them too,"

"We'll get there soon. For now, have lunch with us, masarap 'tong niluluto ko." Y/N was cooking garlic buttered shrimp.

Y/N finally served the shrimps a few minutes later, then Tricia took pictures of it. Pagkatapos ay tinawag na nila ang iba pa nilang kasama, so that they could all have lunch. The doctor sat beside her lover, Cal and Dani sat across them, then their parents.

"Uy, Tricia. Nakauwi na pala kayo. How's Turkey?" Y/N's dad asked.

"Okay lang naman po, tito. It was fun and memorable. You should visit there, too,"

Then Y/N's mom asked her, "How about Madam Leni and your siblings? Bakit hindi sila nagpunta rito?"

"Pagod po, tita eh. Some other time na lang daw po, hehe,"

"Looking forward to that," she smiled.

After the little catch ups and kwentuhan while having lunch, they helped each other sa pagliligpit ng pinagkainan nila. Tricia wanted to volunteer to wash the dishes, but they were telling her na 'wag na. Pero syempre, she insisted.

And here she is, washing every plate, glass, spoons and forks at the sink. Y/N stood beside her, watching Tricia wash them.

"You smell like butter pa rin talaga, Y/N," she uttered.

"Kaysa naman mangamoy paksiw ako 'no. Yuck,"

illustration by saintjackson(do not repost!)

(do not repost!)

————

hehe hello, been a while :)

– i added something to the illustration, did you see it? 👀