Special Order

You've been running your parents' business for around a few years already. You inherited it just right after your father passed away, it was written in his final will. In your spare time, you'd visit a few branches of their bakery. Madalas, 'yung branch na malapit sa isang ospital ang binibisita mo.

Kapag nasa bahay lang, you'd often spend most of your time in the kitchen, baking new pastries to propose.

Today, you wanted to visit that same branch. Nabalitaan mo kasing malakas ang benta sa branch na 'yon these days. You wanted to see it for yourself.

Kabubukas lang ng shop when you arrived.

Napaaga yata ang dating ko, you thought, seeing the bakeshop without a single customer inside.

Dahil nga madalas kang nandito, halos kilala mo na rin kung sino ang mga madalas na bumibili at nagpupunta. One of them is that doctor from that hospital just right in front of your shop.

She's that doctor wearing a huge pair of glasses. It suits her a lot, actually. You often see her buy bread in this shop. You even knew what she often picked whenever she comes — the Kalihim bread.

I guess, that's her favorite, you tell yourself.

That's your guess lang naman. She usually comes around 8 or 9 in the morning. Siguro that's when her shift ends at the hospital. You could sometimes see her go here in her scrub suits. Minsan, that doctor wears her coat too.

It was just past 7 in the morning, hindi mo alam kung bibilhin niya ulit 'yung favorite bread niya or pupunta siya sa shop today, so we'll see.

Nakaupo ka lang sa isang corner dito sa may counter. You'd help the employees with their work at times, kahit na they kept on insisting that you should just sit back and relax.

7:30 am

30 minutes after you opened the bakeshop, a lot of customers were already buying bread and pastries. Some would even have their breakfasts here. It was nice to see the store doing well.

"Sabi po sa inyo, eh. Marami pong dumadayo rito, lalo na 'pag umaga," one of the employees tells you. Her name is Camille, one of your hardworking employees.

"Ay, alam niyo po ba, madalas din po dito 'yung doktora!" she continued.

"Oo. I see her visit here. Does she visit that often?"

"Yes po! Minsan nga po, kasama rin niya 'yung mga kapatid niya,"

"Uy, crush ko si Jillian! Ang pretty nilang tatlo!" Kaye, also one of your hardworking employees, butted in.

Gano'n talaga siguro sila kadalas dito. Halos kilala na nitong dalawa, eh!

"Kayong dalawa, ha. Nakikinig ba kayo sa mga usapan ng mga customer dito? Bad 'yun, ah!" you playfully scold them.

"Hala, hindi naman po. Talagang naririnig lang po namin silang mag-usap-usap. Pero, promise po, cross our hearts, we don't eavesdrop!"

You chuckled at them, they seem to tell the truth naman. Hinayaan mo na lang din. I think they're talking about Tricia Robredo.

Who wouldn't know her? She's the daughter of Leni Robredo, the President of the Philippines. You've seen her a couple of times during the campaign season. I think I could consider myself lucky enough to be able to see them at a close distance.

I have heard that she loves bread too. I guess she's a huge fan of it.

Just as you were about to sit back down on the stool, the glass doors of the bakeshop opened.