Consider

Tricia

I had just finished my rounds when I saw Y/N talking to that tall doctor. He's a general surgeon, and based on his looks, it looks like he just finished another surgery.

I saw them laughing together and I don't get myself, but it hurts my eyes to see them like that. I looked away and proceeded to walk on the other side of the corridor.

Not gonna lie, that doctor is handsome-handsome, you get me? I'm sure a lot of people here is crushing on him, kindly exclude me.

I passed by the Nurses' Station and saw my friend, Abby. She saw me and let out a little laugh.

"Anyare, doc? Mukha kang nalugmok sa itsura mo," natatawa niyang sambit.

I shushed her and she stood up, looking around which confused me. "Sinong hinahanap mo dyan?"

"Si Doc L/N po."

"W-what does this have to do with Doc L/N?"

Abby scoffed, looking at me. "I know you like Doctor L/N, I can see it in your face."

"The way you look at her, eyes can tell. The way you assist and help her whenever she needs or wants anything, actions speak. The way you worry whenever she doesn't feel well or she got hurt or something, I can tell that you like her, Doc Tricia." she elaborated.

Gano'n na ba ako kahalata? What if she thinks the same thing, too? What if she doesn't like the way I feel towards her? What if..

So many what if's ran in my head, I had to shrug them away before it eats me alive.

After a little chat with Abby, I went back to my office and scanned through my patients' records. It's what I always do after rounds.

Not long after entering my office, someone knocked on the door.

"Pasok,"

"Hi, doc." A familiar voice greeted. I paused with what I'm doing and looked up, it was Doctor L/N.

I asked her if she needs anything and offered her a seat.

"Nothing, I just wanted to check up on you." She said.

I smiled at her and continued what I'm doing. I don't really know what to do while she's around. Should I ask her anything?

"I heard someone felt jealous about something earlier. Nurse Abby reported to me," saad niya.

And in an instant, my heart pounded faster. I'm starting to get nervous. Did Abby tell her it was me? If she did, then I'm about to sink in embarrasment.

"S-she did?" I stuttered. This is your fault, Abby.

"Yeah."

"Sinabi niya ba kung sino?" I asked, wondering if Abby revealed that 'jealous' someone.

Doctor Y/N wiggled her eyebrows at me, as if she was trying to say something I knew.

I wiggled my eyebrows, too. But I was trying to tell her that I didn't understand why she did that. Is this the hidden skills of women, communicating like this?

I guess she understood that.

"Well, it's this pretty doctor," she stated.

"She's tall, gorgeous, and she wears a pretty smile on her face. Let's not forget about her glasses that suit her really well. Nurse Abby also mentioned that the doctor said she saw her friend with Doctor Ramirez, too."

I nervously nodded, trying to let her statement sink in. I'm sure she was talking about me. There's no one else who knew that I saw Y/N with that doctor not long ago, aside from Abby.

I earned a chuckle from her, then she continued to speak, "What about a coffee drink later, doc? Consider it as a date."

She winked at me and stood up from her seat, fixing her coat as she was about to leave.

"See you around, Doctor Robredo."

(illustration by saintjackson; do not repost !)