[Two] Now Or Never

Tanzania's Mayor, Ms. Aisha Tuone stood on a podium in front of millions of people watching her on the TV, and those in the crowd. Her face glowed from the smile that crossed her lips. That was it, the beginning of a new era in her country. 

Ever since she became the first female dictator, she transformed Tanzania from a mediocre country to one of the most powerful nations in Africa. 

"Ladies and gentlemen," she began her speech. "Today we will experience a change in this fine land of ours. Today we join our fellow brothers and sisters from other countries by finally calling ourselves a powerhouse." She raised her fist in the air before the crowd did the same.

She loved taking her time with her speeches. It allowed more attention to be thrown her way. The cameras took a couple of good shots of her tea length blue gown which they would later use as a headline for their websites, because whatever she wore trended national wide, before a high demand for it arose. 

The gown shone brightly when the sun kissed it with its rays. She matched it with a blue Victorian hat and kitten heel blue shoes.

Blue was her favorite color.

"My fellow citizens, we have fought a lot for peace. When Tanzania used to be one of the leading countries in corruption, I heard your cries for a change and I formed a new government." 

The crowd cheered. 

"When terrorists thought they could come into our home and take whatever they wanted, I upgraded our security systems and now we're one of the countries with the best security." She stared at the crowd, tears lingering in her eyes, but she was able to prevent them from falling. 

She took in a deep breath, the fresh air roaming around Mega Dar was breathtaking. It was one of the reasons she separated it from the slums, knowing the slum dwellers only ruined everything they touched with their disease infested bodies. 

"But to ensure our safety, I had to add another upgrade after my fellow UN members suggested it was the best choice. It's time we stopped crime completely. Not only in Mega Dar, but the whole of Tanzania."

The crowd cheered for her while chanting "Tunakupenda" which meant "We Love You." She loved all the attention she was getting, and it was easy to see why. 

The people (especially those of Mega Dar) loved her so much that they chose a single day in each month to dedicate to her, calling it Aisha's Day. It basically meant they had a public holiday each month in her honor.

Aisha couldn't help but blush after listening to the chants for over a minute. She raised her hands and the crowd fell silent. "From today and forward, we are no longer Tanzania, the developing country. We will be known as Tanzania, a powerhouse."

"Yes, yes, yes, yes," the crowd chanted repeatedly, each member of the crowd raising their index fingers and thrusting them up and down constantly.

"After today, our crime rate will go from twenty percent to five."

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!"

"After today, no one can doubt us again. I say no more!"

"No more!" the crowd chimed.

"All those who ever laughed at us, who said Tanzania will never achieve greatness and made us doubt ourselves. I say no more!"