[Eight] Arrival

Mega London, England.

Romeo and the other slaves arrived in Mega London's International Airport via a cargo plane. Their hands and legs were cuffed with large chains while metal collars engulfed their necks.

"Move!" Dion exclaimed, shoving the slower ones forward.  

Romeo, who was leading the line, stopped when he saw a skinny Caucasian man with a thick, dark mustache above his lip. The white suit the man wore seemed expensive, having a thin line encrusted with diamonds on its sleeves. There were two cyborgs at his sides. But unlike Dion, who had a Tanzanian flag painted on his armor's torso, the two had an England flag.

"Mr. Wallace," Dion said, his voice full of joy as he approached him. "Nice to see you again." He shook the man's hand.

"Nice to see you too," Mr. Wallace replied before he took out his handkerchief and wiped his hand.  "Here." Mr. Wallace handed Dion the briefcase he held in his hand. His eyes watched the dirty looking slaves as Dion counted the money. "You've seen it's all there, right?" he asked Dion, who nodded. "Good." He looked at his bodyguards. "Take them."

Romeo and his fellow Tanzanians were placed at the back of another truck, but it was much cleaner than the last. They heard the engine roar to life, then the truck rose from the ground and flew away. Some of these people never experienced such a feat, so a couple of loud gasps escaped their lips. 

The truck hovered past the beautiful city and the slaves couldn't help but awe at such a scenery. The lights from the skyscrapers shined upon them like a sold out one man Broadway show. People in the streets stared at them--sinister looks on their faces, but the Africans didn't care at the time. The city's scene was so captivating, it captured their minds and set it free into a world of fiction and wonder. 

Romeo imagined what his life would have been if he was born in such a place. Would he have been a douche to the minorities too? What about his parents? Would he have lived a happier life? He shook off the thoughts and believed in destiny. There was a reason he was born in Tanzania and given the life he experienced. Fate never made mistakes, everyone was born to play a part in life, whether small or large it still affected someone in either a positive or negative way. 

"Look." A small kid, about five years old, shook Romeo's arm and showed him the elevated restaurants in the bright blue sky. "Beautiful, eh?"

"Indeed." Even though he only saw Mega Dar from afar, he imagined this was how it looked like behind the large metal wall that separated it from the slums.

Slowly the city disappeared from their sight as the truck flew down a dark tunnel, its head and tail lights providing the only source of light. After fifteen minutes, the vehicle slowed down and descended to the ground. 

The two cyborgs opened the back door of the truck. "Hurry up!" they heard a man's voice say. "Faster Negroes, faster." 

The other slaves quickly got out, but Romeo took his time. Without knowing whom it was that had used profanity, he said, "You're being disrespectful." Then he came face to face with a large man, almost the same size as Dran, standing in front of him with his hands behind his back. On the top right side of his bionic chest, it was written: Capt. Davis.

"What did you say to me, boy?" Capt. Davis got close to him, their faces a few inches apart. "This is my territory, I can call you whatever name I feel like it. Understand, Negro?" 

Romeo didn't want to believe it, but deep inside he knew this was only the beginning of the constant racism he was about to face. He glanced at the two cyborgs he had met at the airport before noticing Capt. Davis' hand holding an electric baton tightly. He remained quiet.