[Seventeen] Frienemies

"Welcome to the beautiful city of Marrakesh," Gideon said.

Romeo and Gomez looked through the window and admired the mega city. They could see children playing football (or as Americans called it; soccer). Girls were dancing to the beat of the music being played and snake charmers were surrounded by a crowd of people eager to know how one could play with such a deadly animal.

They looked so happy, oblivious to what was happening outside the huge metal wall that surrounded their city. The driver parked the car on the roof of a Riad (a traditional Moroccan house) and Romeo, Gomez, along with Gideon, got out.

"The king will be with you later," Gideon said as he waved at a servant to go to him. "Fiona," he said once she arrived, "tend to their wounds."

Fiona nodded.

Gideon turned to Romeo and Gomez. "You two look horrible than before. Go with her, she'll clean you up."

"What about you?" Gomez asked.

"Don't worry about me," Gideon said, then he left for the small bar on the roof.

Romeo noticed two dogs playing by the pool. He couldn't remember the last time he saw one. Dogs couldn't survive in the slums. They either died from diseases or being eaten by the slum dwellers.

He followed Fiona into an elevator. "Are you a nurse?" he asked once entering.

"In training," Fiona said.

"Oh, great. We're being treated by someone who barely knows what they are doing," Gomez said, holding his ribs as the elevator shook when it moved.

"I've treated many like you two," Fiona said.

"Like us?"

"Fighters. You are fighters, right?"

Gomez exchanged a look with Romeo. "Um," he coughed, "yes."

"If you look like that," she said to Gomez, "I can't imagine how bad your opponent turned out."

Gomez gave slight smile. "If he hadn't asked for mercy, I would have killed him."

"Is that so? How big was he?"

"Seven feet, if I'm not mistaken." Gomez played with his chin. "Big guy with zero brains. I had him in the palms of my hands."

"You toyed with him before he begged for his life, huh?"

"Exactly." Gomez smiled.

"You good fighters are all the same." Fiona shook her head.

Romeo was so into the twos conversation he hadn't realized they had gotten out of the elevator and were now in a hallway. "What is this place?" he asked, staring at the many rooms on the sides as they passed.

"I thought Master Gideon had told you?" Fiona sounded surprised.

"He was asleep half the way here," Romeo said. 

"Ah, that sounds like him. This is a brothel, but for the rich only." Fiona took out a key and opened the door they stopped at. 

"That explains all the moaning."

"Even I figured it out quickly. Don't tell me you thought people were playing tennis in there," Gomez said.

"Right." Gomez reminded Romeo of Nipp a little. He hadn't realized how much he missed the idiot until that moment.

They walked into the room and the hospital-like smell struck them. The one with different medicine scent. There were a lot of pills filling up the four shelves on the walls.