[Eleven] Race Has Two Meanings

Nipp and Gina stood before Michael, their benefactor. Their hands and legs bounded by rope. The old man looked piss as hell. Or maybe that was how his face was, Nipp assumed. Apart from his marvelous violet eyes, Michael's wrinkles made him look like a grumpy cat.

Not able to hold it in for any longer, Nipp started laughing.

"What's funny?" Michael asked, not amused. 

"Your face," Nipp said. "You're pale and so old." He leaned his mouth on his shoulder, muffling his laugh.

Gina, still high, began laughing too. "He looks like a wrinkled ass," she said, making Nipp laugh even harder.

Michael turned to the two cyborgs beside him. "What's wrong with them?" 

"They are high, Sir," one of the guards said, then handed the old man a transparent tablet. A projected screen appeared, showing the two teenagers smoking a joint. 

"Where did they get it from?" He gazed at the guard, annoyed. When the guard struggled to put his words together, Michael shouted, "Tell me!"

The guard stood at attention, his arms glued to his side and face looking away from the old man. "It was under her breast, Sir!"

"And why didn't you check her there when we brought them in?"

"I thought it was inappropriate."

"There's nothing inappropriate, we own her now. We can do whatever we like with her."

"Really?" The guard smirked.

"Is that the reason you brought them to me? I only requested for one of the kids."

"They will only cause more trouble if we leave them in there, Sir. You have take them both to the place you took the others. Two is better than one anyway, Sir."

Michael looked at Nipp and Gina, then looked back at the guard. "The status of the first boy is unknown, and the second is barely surviving. Maybe it wouldn't harm me if I took two this time. It might play in my favor."

"Why do they call you Sir? You're not British. Since when do Americans get that title?" Gina asked out of the blue.

"He gave it to himself," Nipp said.

"It doesn't matter if I was given the title or not, that's not the reason you're here." Michael stood up. "I hope the two of you are fast enough to see through it."

"See through what old man, are you losing your mind?" Nipp said.

Michael smirked. "Maybe, but where you're going, you'll need all the speed you have to survive. Take them to the car."

The guard hesitated for a minute, thinking about what he was going to say. "Sir, can I have a few minutes with her, before she leaves?" he asked.

"Ew!" Gina shuddered in disgust, trying to get away from him. But he held her in place.

Michael thought about it. "You can have one of the other girls, I need this one to be in her right mind."

"Alright, thank you, Sir." He smiled, pushing Gina and Nipp to move on.

<+>

"Do you think being a colored person is a curse?" Gomez asked, before taking a bite out of the piece of bread he held. Him and Romeo were in a large cafeteria. The two of them sat alone at a table that could occupy six.

"One would think that way, but I think we're just on the wrong side of luck. I mean, yes, as colored people we're more likely to live a life of consuming wages below the minimum requirement and also face more adversity than whites, but let us not forget there are white people who are suffering just like us." Romeo took a sip of water from his metal cup. "But do you know the difference between us and them?"