FOURTEEN

PUBLISHED: 28/05/2022
READER'S POV

After explaining to Tommy and the lot how I escaped and got back to the den, I found out that Dad had killed two Italians, so there's only ten left, eleven if the one I scrapped with didn't bleed out. I asked if I could go home so I could get out of the filthy sundress, and Tommy agreed. Finn asked to drive the car, and I said yes, just wanting to go home, shower, and eat some food.

"Close your eyes," Finn commanded lightly as he started the Rolls Royce.

"Why?" I demanded as I put my coat back on, not in the mood for games.

"I've got a surprise," He said simply, making me roll my eyes but comply, shutting them and placing my hand over them.

I started humming as I felt the car lurch forward, driving off. A sharp pain shot through my stomach as it growled, making me groan. Maybe I should've taken my breakfast with me as one last stand against those people. They seem uptight enough to get upset over a missing plate.

"I'm hungry," I complained, then heard Finn sigh.

"I'll make you whatever you want after I show you the surprise," He promised, making me grin.

The Italians did make nice food, but not what I liked to eat. I wanted comfort food, and a lot of it.

"Pancakes?" I questioned hopefully, making him chuckle.

"Yes, pancakes." He agreed as he stopped the car, "I'll come around to your side and guide you, don't open your eyes until I say."

I nodded, and he opened his door, then shut it. I heard his shoes hitting the cobbled street as he came around the car, and opened my door.

"Want me to hold your head so you don't hit it on the car getting out?" Finn offered, and I gave a thumbs up.

Once I felt his hand on the top of my head, I got out, making sure to duck as I did so. Once I was standing up, he pulled me out of the way then shut my door.

He guided me across the street, I could feel the drop from the pavement to the road, then the small step up from the road to the pavement again.

He guided me a bit further, then stopped.

"Fuck," I heard him mutter frustratedly.

"What?" I asked softly, feeling confused.

"There's stairs. I didn't think about them," He admitted, making me frown.

"Do you want me to carry you up them, you make your own way up with my hand to steady you, or you open your eyes but look directly down at the stairs so you don't see anything else?" Finn questioned.

It must've been really important for him to not want me to look. Now I really wanted to look.

"Um, option three please," I replied, and he gave my back a pat.

I directed my head down towards the ground, and opened my eyes. I walked up the stairs, holding onto the railing next to me, and stopped once I reached the top of the stairs. Finn came up next to me, and I covered my eyes once more, reaching out to him so he could guide me.

He grabbed my hand, moving in closer and wrapping his arm around my waist and starting to walk once more. He stopped after twenty-one steps.

I heard keys jingling, then a door opening.

He pushed me forward, "Open your eyes."

I took my hand away from my eyes, and looked around the room. Finn Junior came bounding up to me from the couch.