FIFTEEN

PUBLISHED: 29/05/2022
READER'S POV

I twirled my finger in the telephone cord nervously until I heard Lizzie's 'hello?'

"Oh! Lizzie, it's (Y/N), I've just had a dream, and I needed to tell you because you were in it," I rambled as Finn Junior came and weaved between my legs.

'Was it a vision, like the ones Polly has?' Lizzie inquired, and I shrugged.

"I'm not sure, but it felt real enough," I admitted as Finn came down the hall, just waking up, his curly hair all over the place and only wearing boxers and a singlet.

Finn jutted his chin up, and I mouthed 'Lizzie', making him nod as he put the kettle on to boil then reached up to grab two mugs. I watched him as he did so, revelling in how the skin tightened over the muscles in his upper arm, showing them off.

'Tell me about it,' Lizzie demanded softly, bringing me back to reality and making me avert my eyes from Finn.

"You had a baby, and she grew up to be gorgeous, like someone you'd see in the pictures. Her name was Ruby," I stated, leaning back against the bench, smiling slightly, "And I saw her father, too. The blue eyed devil. You know exactly who I'm talking about."

'Tommy Shelby,' She sighed, then took a slight pause, 'It's true. I am pregnant, and he's the father. He doesn't know yet.'

"Are - Are you keeping her?" I asked, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, Finn now going over and relighting the fire.

'Yes. I want a baby,' She states, making me grin.

"Well then, Miss Stark, congratulations. I'll knit you some baby boots, beanies, and a blanket." I informed her.

'I don't need them just yet!' Lizzie protested with a chuckle.

"It'll be good to have them on hand," I pointed out, making her hum in agreement.

'I'm feeling a bit tired, I reckon I need some more sleep, see you at the shop?' Lizzie said, then yawned.

"See you at the shop. Talk to you later," I replied, then Lizzie hung up.

"Who's the father of her baby?" Finn questioned, and I put my finger to my lips, signalling that it was a secret.

Finn huffed, but nodded as he came back over and grabbed a spoon out of the drawer and put sugar into his blue mug.

"I'll take Jenica's cake tin back over to her," I said as it caught my eye on the bench.

"Who the fuck is Jenica?" He asked, pouring the now boiled water into his mug.

"My cousin, Jenica Palmer. She's probably your distant fucking relation too, with how big and connected gypsy families are," I remarked, then chuckled.

"I'll come with you," Finn announced after pouring milk into his cup.

"You've been in my pocket ever since I got back, Finn Shelby, I don't think so," I warned, wagging my finger.

Finn nodded, knowing not to push my limits, then handed me the tin, "Take a gun with you, put it in your bra or something. City's still dangerous."

"I will," I snapped, frowning as I turned on my heel and went up the corridor, grabbing Finn's handgun off of the table, unloading it then putting it into my bra.

I grabbed the silencer too, putting it into my bra.

I knew that we were in trouble, it held on to the Shelby's like a bulldog. I didn't need reminders every five seconds. I grabbed my socks and put them on, then grabbed my boots, pulling them on. I looked over at my vanity, and decided that the walk was too far away, instead grabbing the hair tie on my wrist and scraping my hair up into a bun, grabbing my coat, and walking back out to the living room, where Finn was frying, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes in a pan, cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth.