Chapter 5

I woke up lying in a bed. I pulled the covers off of me and noticed clothes sitting on a desk. I threw on the clothes that consisted of a black leather sweater, (very uncomfortable) black leather jeans, (also very uncomfortable) and I saw that they left me my favorite pairs of sneakers. The 1F5. These sneakers were awesome. I was gonna ask Bode if he could fill out the long paperwork and let me get some but he never ended up getting them for me. Of course the shoes were black. But they just felt cool. I put the shoes on and put my hand on the doorknob. Of course it was locked. I sat back down on the bed admiring the stunning shoes. I noticed something light up on the shoes. I pressed down on it and music started playing. A playlist showed up on a screen which was on the shoes! I picked a few songs. After about 4 songs I heard the door unlock. I turned off the shoes and sat there awkwardly. In walked Triffid. It was the generals assistant.

"I assume you found the clothes we got you." I nodded my head in agreement.

"Why am I here" I ask him.

"My boss told you. Your here to take down the government and bring back NASA."

"So basically save the world?" I sarcastically reply.

"I guess you could say that...." His voice trailed off. Then I remembered that they had Bode with them.

"Where's Bode?" He rubbed his neck.

"Follow me". He said. He opened the door and we started walking while talking.

"Everyone has their different interests right? Well you like music so we have you the top-notch gadgetry for music. Like your shoes. Well Bode has a different interest."

"What is it?" He led me into a room where there was a huge library full of books. All different colors. I saw Bode sitting looking at a digital SD with a virtual pen in his hand.

"Bode? Your interest is books?" It completely surprised me. He's never been a book kinda guy. He turned around then looked at me and smiled.

"Well technically yes. I like writing." He stated confidently.

"What about you?" I showed him my shoes and he seemed a little impressed.

"What cool gadgetry did you get?"

"Follow me and you'll see." He led me into a blue pixelated room. He pressed a button and now it was just me and him. He typed in a word.

"It plays out any book you want."
He pressed the enter key. The whole setting changed. It had a girl running. She was running toward us trying to get away from some fire. She had a braid and black clothes on. She started getting closer and closer to us. I shield myself until her body ran through me and appeared on the other side of the room.

"What the?"

"It plays out any scene from any book. Even if the book was never turned into a movie."

"Then what movie/book is this then?" I asked him patiently.

"Something called the Hunger Games. I've been researching about it." I nodded my head imposingly. I couldn't believe it. All these gadgets. It must be a dream. I punched myself. But I never woke up. This. Is. Crazy.