Chapter 7

The whole building was....on fire! I quickly covered my mouth and looked through the fire. There had to be a few survivors. I jumped through the smoke and yelled for a few people.
"It's dangerous!!! Don't go!!" I heard Bode yelling continuously.

"I have to. Even if it's a guard from a government." I yelled back. He ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders. He looked into my eyes and said, "If you go I might lose you."

"I have to. There could be survivors."

"You can't take the risk."

"What's so bad about taking risk? Huh?! You would jump through fire to save me! Wouldn't you?!!" I was starting to yell over the sirens.

"But you can't. We need to protect the people who we are certain are alive!"

"You can do that. I'd rather die for saving a life than die defending myself." I shouted. I turned back around and walked the other direction.

"Just we need a signal if we need help."

"Umm how about just yelling 'Pleh'"

"Pleh?? why should we yell that?"

"Pleh backwards is help. Just in case anyone has any ideas." I told him. He wrapped his arms around me then pushed me off. He waved then I waved and I turned around and started looking. So far I felt like I walked forever. I looked under pieces of buildings and I could hear a cough.
"Hello?"
"Help I'm stuck!" I looked around and saw a figure under a piece of building which was on fire.
"It's okay everything is going to be okay." I told them. I tried to lift the building piece and it only went up a little.

"Look your going to have to slip out. I'll hold it out then you can slip your body out. Okay?"

"Alright." They answered. I lifted it up as hard as I could and I heard some ruffling and an big thud.

"I'm out you can lower it." I started lowering it ever so delicately then something pushed me over the edge. I fell in the hole in which the survivor was.

"Ow. Who did that." I looked out through the peephole. I saw the figure and it was a guard. He had a government stamp on his clothes.

"Good luck getting out of there." He wiped the invisible dust off his hands then walked away. People these days. So rude.

"Pleh!!!!! Pleh!!!!"

I started yelling but no one was coming. I felt hurt. The fire's smoke was filling my lungs. I leaned back and took my last word to say "Pleh" as loud as I could. I could feel my self drifting into blackness. I couldn't barely see anything. Everything was a blur until I saw a familiar face. Bode.

"I'm going to get you out Andromeda. It'll be okay. Trust me."
He lifted the building piece and grabbed my arm. He pulled me into his arms and held me close.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay. I'm going to bring you back to base." He hugged me close to his chest and I felt myself smile and then slip away into darkness.