056 | swan song

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠' ═════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...CRAIT AIRSPACE

"𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐓."

Death was coming for Snoke, and it struck with a vengeance. It pulled in, curling snake-like with the strength of a black hole, a dark star gone supernova. It was fitting for a being such as him to go out with an explosive burst of energy rather than fading away into nothing. The Force dipped under the weight, and it was felt light years away.

A lightsaber sliced clean through the body of a creature who wanted nothing more than decimation. The noise was deafening, but only for a moment. And then, silence.

"There is a connection, there always will be, in between the darkness and the light. One cannot exist without the other."

Lyra opened her eyes, blinking away the shadows. Her head felt like it had been dipped in kerosine. She put a cold hand to her forehead and squinted as her eyes adjusted to the light.

"Lyra," Leia said quietly. Or, it might have been at a normal volume, but it echoed like they were underwater. "You're here, just focus on that."

"Snoke," Lyra said, trying to get the words out. Her throat was so raw, and her head still spun from the fallout of Snoke's demise. "He's dead, they killed him."

"Snoke is gone?" Poe, who was hovering over her, took a step back. "Who's they?"

"Rey and Ben," Lyra pressed on, quickly coming back to herself. The vision she had seen couldn't be allowed to come true. "We have to get to Crait, they're going to start concentrating their fire on us. We won't make it if we don't find a way to get there faster."

Poe scoffed, but even he couldn't deny that there might be truth to her words. "That's impossible, we've taken everything into consideration--"

The firelight that lit up the cabin interrupted his words. To the left of their transport, a ship exploded into a hundred thousand fractals of metal. All of the people on board were lost.

Lyra stood up, unwavering in her stance. "We have to get to the surface, it's too late to turn around. Get to the cockpit," Lyra said, giving Poe a light shove in the shoulder to get him moving.