026 | star-crossed

╔═════════𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫-𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝' ══════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

... JAKKU, WESTERN REACHES OF THE INNER RIM

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄.

A bright sun was falling low as they flew in. Rolling hills appeared like faded waves of a dried-up ocean colored shades of copper and deep umber. There were no outcroppings of rock like on Tatooine, no outposts, no villages. All they passed was wreckage and uninterrupted sand; mechanical carnage from the last war rose like teeth from the dirt, but not enough to distract from the landscape of desert dust.

How horrible it would be to become stranded in a place like this.

The coordinates lead them to the heart of a Tuanul village. Part of the Church of the Force, these people had chosen a life connected to nature rather than modern technology. It wasn't a strange thought that Tekka had found a home with them.  A life of simplicity, and a rejection of the galaxy at large.

 They landed just outside of the dwellings, right behind a ridge that hid their ships from view.  Juice chirped at her in binary, telling her that their confirmation of landing had been received by the base.

Lyra climbed out of her cockpit, shrugging off her flight suit and taking the time to re-adjust her utility belt. Her blaster and new songsteel batons were firmly strapped into place.  These people were no threat, but a lump of anxiety had burrowed into her chest.  Better to be prepared.

She jumped off the ladder, landing firmly in the shifting sands. A gust of wind blew a bunch of it in her face and stung when it hit her eyes.

Juice spoke again. I'm not coming with you.

Lyra rounded on the droid, who was still sitting comfortably in her ship. "Excuse me?"

The droid started to go on. The sand will destroy my wheel bearings and ruin my paint job.

"I gave you the paint job!" Lyra exclaimed. 

She would have taken Elgie, but Eleni swore she needed to make some vital improvements to the droid before she left base again. That left Juice, the droid that Ellis normally flew with. Even tempered and pleasant, she had never had a problem with him before.