009 | full circle

╔═══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

'𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

"𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒?" Lyra said as she burst into their office. She had left Poe outside and she knew he would be oblivious to where she went. Done waiting for him to put two and two together, Lyra was going to go about this the way she knew best; alone. Or rather, with the help of her squadron's resources.

Eden picked her head up from the screen she had been looking at just moments before the interruption. "He's here."

Lyra scrunched her nose.  Eden was the only one in the room.  "Where?"

From behind a man-sized pile of scrap metal, Ellis stepped out. His dark hair was sticking up in every direction and there was a semi-crazed look in his green eyes. "You called?"

Distracted, Lyra said, "What the hell is that?"

He swept his arm in a gesture of introduction. A bolt fell out of his pocket and rolled to the floor and it hit the pile of metal with a light ping. "This is about to be a brand-new holo station. As soon as I assemble it.  Georgie was supposed to help."

Eden sniffed. "Fat chance that happens within the next year."

"Oh c'mon," Ellis hung his arms at his sides. "I'm trying my best. Don't you always say that giving it your best is all anyone can do?"

"Don't make me eat my words," Eden jeered.

Lyra tilted her head in disbelief, but then she thought better of her next comment. "Can you put that on hold for a little while? I need your help with the data Aliyah and I are looking into."

He rubbed his hands together and stepped away from the pile. "Sounds fun."

Lyra fired up the holo computer at the center of the table. "I need you to scan the section of the database for the prisoners aboard the Carrion Spike again. I think Terex is using a decoy code to keep the truth of the transfers under wraps and to hide the details from the First Order. Think you can get past that?"

He snorted. "Do I look like a fool?" he turned and held up a hand to Eden, who already had her mouth open in retort. "Please don't answer that."

"Smartest fool I've ever seen," Lyra told him with a swift nod of her head.