059 | before it breaks

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

'𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬' ═════════╝

 ━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...YAVIN IV, OUTER RIM

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 the Dameron's living room, the day's strategizing was in full swing. It was barely dawn, and yet the room was already full.

"A supply run?" Lyra echoed Leia's words, leaning forward on the table.

Eden glanced once to the side, thinking. "We don't have any operational ships, the T-65 barely survived its test run, and the A-Wings are nowhere close to getting off the ground. Unless we take the Falcon, which is going to be a TIE magnet, we aren't leaving Yavin Four for anything."

Leia shook her head, pointing at the screen in front of her. "I had Lando do some digging."

Lyra squinted and read the words. "The supplies are already here," she realized. The coordinates on the screen were originating not far from where they were standing. "Medical supplies, gently used munitions, utility cables," Lyra read off the list. "This is a mix of everything, where did it come from?"

A solemn smile was drawn on her lips. "Yavin has always been rife with Rebel sympathizers, even if they prefer to stay anonymous. Old friends are everywhere."

Later in the evening, it was only the three of them standing on the dirt outside of the Falcon: Aliyah, Lyra, and Eden The Phoenix Squadron, or what remained of it. In silent agreement, they were all waiting for Ellis. It became clear that he would not be joining them.

"I think we can head out now," Lyra reasoned.

Eden glanced up at the sky above them, looking impossibly sad.

Lyra activated the small holoprojector embedded in her wrist cuff. "We're assuming it's friends that left the supplies, but as always we're also going to plan on walking into a trap. Stay sharp and we'll be fine. First priority is safety, second is the supplies."

The sun had begun to crest towards the horizon and the cool fog of night was visible in the distance. Still, the air remained thick with the heat of the day where they stood at the edge of Kes's property. A thousand invisible needles prickled at Lyra's skin and hot nausea roiled in her stomach. Doing this without Georgie was wrong.