Robin Buckley, Asked Out Via Movie

Robin always anticipated her arrival. Every Monday night, when things at the family video store were incredibly slow, she cloud always count on the arrival of the pretty girl. The movies varied each week, one week a Tom Cruise romance, the next and Jamie Lee Curtis horror movie, the next a classic Disney movie. But one thing never changed, she would always exchange a pleasant conversation with Robin telling the other girl about her week and making sure to ask Robin questions as to learn about her. As soon as she left as Robin had said goodbye Steve would turn to his friend with raised eyebrows. "Don't you dare," Robin threatened emptily. "I wasn't going to say anything," Steve paused as Robin cocked an eyebrows as if the argue differently, "I was only going to say that you definitely have a fat crush on her," he smirked. "I do not have a fat crush on her," Robin denied. "Oh yes you do. You have a fat crush on her," Steve confirmed. "I don't. And even if I did have a fat crush on her, she doesn't feel the same way," Robin sighed defeated. "Oh no, she one hundred percent also has a fat crush on you," Steve smirked. Robin couldn't help the hope that sparked in that moment. The small fraction of hope that dwindled. Steve was awful at reading emotions and people. Maybe he was right one time? God, she hoped he was right one time.

The next week came and as anticipated, so did she. "Just this?" Robin asked picking up Ferris Buellers Day Off, wishing she had picked more than one to prolong their conversation. "Yeah, it done of my favourite, though I always think Sloane is too good for Ferris," she said Robin nodded defeatedly, a crush on a fictional boy was not a good sign. Steve had proved himself useless at reading women once again. "I mean as in Sloane deserved someone better," she added trying to read Robin's reactions only to fail miserably. "Robin?" she asked bravely. Robin only hummed in response still feeling defeated. "Do you maybe want to hang out some time?" she asked hopefully. "Yeah, sure, I can ask Steve, I'm sure he'd be interested in you," Robin offered, "No, not Steve, you," she interjected and when releasing what she said stood there ith her mouth agape in shock. Robin froze. Holy shit. Steve was right. "Yeah, yeah I'd love to hang out some time, definitely," Robin confirmed. "You asked me out using a movie," Robin laughed teasingly causing the girl to join in too.