Nancy Wheeler, Best Friends

She was Nancy's best friend. She knew better than to fall for her. But she did. She couldnt seem to help it. She just did.

Now she was sat in Nancy's room, she was leaning again tthr headboard and Nancy was lying on the bed. "I mean, he's such an asshole, I don't know why I even dated him," one of the torments of settling with the title of best friend was having to accept the conversations that revolved around boys. Always boys to do with Nancy. "You deserve better," she thought. "Huh?" Nancy asked, now propping herself up slightly. "Um, you could probably do better, Nace, your smart, your kind, your just-" she stopped realising all the things she had just said. "Any guy would want you." Nancy stared at her, as if she were reading her like a book. "Any guy?" Nancy asked. Her breath seemed to hitch slightly in her throat in horror. "Well, uh, um," she didn't want to lie to Nancy. But she was scared. Nancy moved closed to her. "What if I don't want a guy?" Nancy asked. She looked into Nancy's eyes as if trying to piece together some difficult puzzle she ahd never thought of before to be so hard. Nancy's gaze quickly snapped down to her lips. And just like that, the final piece was found, the dots were connected and mystery solved. Both girls leaned in and their lips touched, so lightly as if sacred the other may be scared away. But that would never be the case.

Nancy thought it was foolish falling for her best friend. But she did. She couldn't help it. She just did. But now, here she was, sat in her room, making out with her best friend, Nancy's fingers in her hair and her hand resting on Nancy's waist. Best friends seemed like it was out the window.