Billy Hargrove, Dasie

"Hey, careful, that's my work out mix tape," Billy said as she took out the tape he previously had in his car. "Who the hell works out in their car?" she laughed. She swapped the tape for one of her own she had made especially for the trip. The first song played and she smiled. "I love this song," she beamed and he smiled at how happy she was. She had a small daisy tucked into her hair that she had found on the small greenery of the gas station they had stopped at. Billy looked at her and saw so much love in her eyes he felt he could melt. He just watched her as she sang along to the song. "What's it called?" he asked her. "It's going to California by Led Zeppelin," she replied. "Ironic," he laughed as they grew closer to their destination of California.

Billy sat in his English class, staring at the clock. He never really liked school. She had always told him how clever he could be if he tried. She wouldn't of been too proud of his new persona at Hawkins. He missed her. Another second passed by. The teachers voice seemed to drone on about a book she used to read. Thr teacher said things she always said weren't right, that the book was more than they taught at school. Another small hum of a second. Billy, could disagree and amaze everyone by voicing her opinions, but that felt like plagiarism.  Another second. He just wanted to be back on his own. Well, he also wanted her. But being on his own was actually possible. As soon as the bell rang he bolted for his car. When he knew he was far enough from Hawkins High he put in a tape. The familiar song of going to California played. He smiled sadly. He could jsut picture her sat in his passanger seat singing the words at the top of her lungs. He remembered the small daisy in her hair that he rolled his eyes at when she first put in her hair but now had it pressed in one of his few books at home. He sang along to the occasional word, hoping to hear her voice join in.

She sat in her room listening to her music as she did her English homework. Billy always refused to do work without her help. She smiled at the memory. It was rather nice weather, the daisies had started to grow again outside which took her back to that memory in the car. Almost at the same time, that song from teh car rdie came on. A wave of nostalgia seemed to wash over her. It was always a reminder of Billy. One she would never forget and cherish forever. She smiled at the memory, holding it close and hoping he did too.