Image of the Invisible

"Dammit!" I hit the ground and try to catch my breath. "I thought I would be able to do something, but even my new transformation wasn't enough." Sirzechs grabs his coat as Grayfia brings me some water. "Thank you."

"Your technique is very good, I'll give you that, but in terms of power we are still in different leagues." Sirzechs extends a hand and helps me up. "You said during the tournament that you'll protect this world with everything that you have, and against normal foes, you would be fine. You may have defeated Piccolo, but there will be more threats coming now that you're associating closer with my sister and other devils."

"I actually want to ask you about Rias."

"Okay." I lunge at Sirzechs and strike his face.

"How could you allow her to be dragged into an arranged marriage against her will? She told me yesterday, and I can tell that she hates him. If you're as strong and important as you are, why should she be subjected to that?"

"I suppose I deserve that, but please try to calm down. Devil society is different from what you know back on Earth. To our people, it's about what you can provide to our species for our survival. Lower-class devils never find their footing, and the higher-class usually give their daughters away to try and make the strongest offspring they can." I clench my fist again.

"But she's your sister. If I were you this never would have happened."

"I can't show special treatment, it would call my leadership into question." He puts a hand on my shoulder. "This is how our society works, simple as that. I'm more than aware of my sister's feelings toward you, but I can't change it all on my own." An orange circle appears on the ground with flames around it. "Could you have timed this any worse?" A blonde man appears from the flames, and everything about him begins throwing up red flags. Alongside him is a shorter girl with the same hair color and a pink dress on.

 Alongside him is a shorter girl with the same hair color and a pink dress on

"Lord Lucifer, Riser is so sorry to interrupt

"Lord Lucifer, Riser is so sorry to interrupt." His gaze meets me. "Who might this be?"

"Riser, this is Y/N. He's a friend of Rias and the others from the school, and he is the winner of the last World Tournament."