Stricken

3rd Person POV

As the hunt for the mysterious Dr. Gero progresses and Y/N continues to hone his skills in the Underworld, life in Kuoh continues. With no sign of her Knight anywhere close, Rias taps her fingers against the desk nervously. She decided that in the interests of everyone that their devil business would be canceled for the day, namely due to the missing Kiba and unavailable Y/N.

An uneasiness begins to take Rias's body over, two holy auras in the distance catching her attention as it seems that Issei is approaching them. As the young Pawn arrives home from his day of school he frantically enters his home, the same feeling of his King attacking his senses. While his instincts tell him he should run, Issei knows that whatever holy beings are in his home could pose a threat to his parents, and they would have no idea. Quickly bursting in he rushes to the living room, seeing his mother conversing with two girls in white cloaks.

 Quickly bursting in he rushes to the living room, seeing his mother conversing with two girls in white cloaks

"There you are," Issei's mother says to him. "We've been waiting for you." Issei looks at the two girls with a sense of danger, though ready to take the fight should it come up.

"Mom, who are these people?"

"You're telling me you can't remember that cute girl there?" Issei focuses on the chestnut-haired girl, trying to recollect where he would have met this person. Before he can answer his mother holds a picture up of him and what appears to be the girl he's looking at, though her hair is much shorter and it appears that they were kids at the time. "Irina Shidou, she lived next door to us until she had to move because of her dad's work." Issei looks back at Irina.

"Seriously? I thought you were a boy that entire time!"

"Issei!" His mother begins scolding him, but Irina interrupts the two.

"It's okay. To be fair, I did act like a boy back then, so I can't blame you." The girl to her left stands up.

"As touching a reunion as this is, we must be going now." The blue-haired girl urges the other to stand and they both leave the house, Irina giving one final goodbye to her childhood friend.

"Mom, can I take a look at that picture again?" She hands it to Issei and he examines it, remembering it from the day prior when their club activities were at his home.

Yesterday

"Issei." The Red Dragon Emperor turns to Kiba. "Do you know anything about this sword in the background?" Issei looks it over and tries to remember that time in his life.

 "Do you know anything about this sword in the background?" Issei looks it over and tries to remember that time in his life