Never Alone

"Rias, your fingers tapping on the desk is getting annoying." She quickly lifts her hand.

"Sorry Y/N."

"Don't be, just try to calm down." I give her a reaffirming smile and she returns the gesture. Grayfia appears through a transport circle and bows to the two of us. "I guess it's about time for the show to start. I wonder if he's gotten any stronger since I met him."

"You seem to be irritated," Grayfia points out.

"I am." The rest of Rias's peerage piles into the club room, and the tension starts to build as most of us know what is coming next. A few minutes go by and an orange circle appears on the ground. A pillar of flames fades and reveals Riser with a smirk on his face that pisses me off.

"Riser has arrived in the Human Realm. It hasn't been long enough since the last time I was here." The first person he notices is me. "You have no place here monkey, so you are better off leaving." I clench my fist but Grayfia grabs my wrist.

"There is no need to be rude Lord Riser. Y/N is here at the request of Lady Rias."

"My apologies." His gaze turns to Rias and I open my hand. "It's been too long since I've seen you, my bride." Rias huffs and crosses her arms.

"Not long enough." Riser walks toward Rias and reaches his hand out to her. Every action he makes rubs me the wrong way, and it's clear that there is no actual chemistry between them. Rias and Riser sit on one of the couches and Akeno brings them each a glass of tea.

"Ah, this is immaculate. Riser does truly enjoy the tea his bride's Queen makes." Akeno bows to him.

"Thank you, Lord Riser." She comes and stands next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder which helps me to calm down a little bit. Riser starts stroking Rias's hair but she stands and smacks his hand away.

"I'm done telling you, I'm not going to marry you, Riser! My heart belongs to someone else, and I refuse to be wed to someone who only cares for my title." Riser stands and looks my way again.

"You think you can take what is mine boy?" He snaps his fingers and a group of girls appears at the end of the room, though I only recognize one.

"It's nice to see you again," I tell Ravel. "I hope you've been well." She doesn't answer me, but I understand why.

"What do you think boy?"

"I'm underwhelmed." His peerage gasps. "I was under the impression you were one of the best groups the Underworld has to offer. You may be stronger than Rias and her group, but I don't feel threatened at all." I look back at Riser. "In fact, I could take you all on right now, and I'm more than confident I could win."

"Enough." Grayfia gets between Riser and me. "This matter isn't about you Y/N. If Lady Rias wants to disobey the marriage proposal set for her, then it is up to her to earn her freedom via a Rating Game."