Vermillion

"It's about time you woke up," Akeno teases as I exit her bedroom.

"We late for school yet?"

"No, we've got plenty of time." I walk toward her and watch as she prepares breakfast. "I had a great time last night Y/N."

"I did too. Before I head to school I'll have to go check on the androids, make sure they didn't give Bulma too much trouble, and see what she found out about them." Akeno hands me a plate and I quickly finish my food. "I should get going if I don't want to be late." I stand and kiss Akeno's head. "I'll see you soon my love."

"I'll be counting the minutes." I leave Akeno's shrine and head home to clean up before making my way to Capsule Corp. Once I land outside I see Bulma come outside with the androids.

"How was it?" I ask Bulma.

"I was up all night working on them, but there's a specific detail that's truly unsettling." Bulma shows me a piece of paper. "Both of them had bombs planted inside their bodies. I think Gero was planning on detonating them if they didn't succeed."

"I knew it."

"Thankfully I was able to remove them." I hug Bulma.

"Thanks." I look past her to the androids. "How do you two feel?"

"We're fine," Lazuli tells me. "Unfortunately we don't know what to do now."

"I could talk to some people at the school and have you two enrolled. It may take a couple of days but I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I'll call Bulma later and tell her when you two can come by, and we can talk to Sona about it. That is if you want to." The twins look at each other and shrug.

"Sounds good to me."

"Perfect. I'd love to stick around, but I'm gonna be late if I don't get out of here. I'll see you two later." As I fly back to Kuoh I sense the two exorcists near the edge of town, but one of their Ki signatures feels different. I land near where they are and notice they're in a train station. Heading inside I notice the two of them, though Xenovia has on a Kuoh Academy uniform. Instead of interfering, I watch from the door, the conversation coming to a quick end as Irina takes an escalator to the floor below. Xenovia turns toward the door and hesitates when she notices me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that. You should be leaving with her." Xenovia comes my way and we both leave.

"Last night, when Kokabiel exposed God's death to all of us, it forced me into becoming a heretic. I delivered the cores of the Excaliburs to Irina, but I also decided to become Rias Gremory's second Knight."

"What happened to Irina when she wasn't at the battle?" I call for Nimbus and board it. "Hop on, we can discuss it on the way to school." Xenovia tries to get onto the cloud but falls through it. "Strange. It's supposed to let anyone with a pure heart ride with no problems. I guess since you're a devil now you're no longer qualified. You can still ride, but you'll have to hold onto me."

"Very well." Xenovia takes a place behind me and wraps her arms around my shoulders. We take off and I turn back toward her. "We were chasing Kokabiel before the battle yesterday, and Irina was injured."

"I see. Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot the other day, but I'm sure you understand why I did what I did." Xenovia looks down. "You were doing what you thought was right, but things change. The more you get to know Asia you'll realize she's the kindest soul in the entire world, and even now I'm willing to be she still has her full belief in your God."

"Will she be upset with me over my prior actions?"

"I doubt it, she doesn't seem the type to hold a grudge." We land outside the school and disembark from Nimbus. "Now that you're a member of Rias's peerage I'll be protecting you the same way I did everyone else. Rias is my best friend, and I'll do anything for her."