Chapter 7

While Batman and Robin drove the Batmobile, the Warriors flew to the Gotham Public Library.

They searched for the Bookworm's lair.

"What do we do?" said Sam.

"You three go see if you can capture the Bookworm. We'll find Meg" said Batman.

"Aye aye, Batman" said Calvin clearing his throat.

"Wait. If I were you, I'd look underground. It's where all worms go" said Robin.

"Oh yeah. And there's a hatch right here" said Charles Wallace pointing at the floor.

"I'm goin' in!" Sam announced.

"Be careful" said Robin.

"We will, Robin buddy" said Charles Wallace.

"But what does the Bookworm look like?" said Calvin.

"You'll know him when you see him. His clothes are made of the same materials as book covers" said Batman.

Calvin cleared his throat and said "Got it. I'm coming in after you, Sam".

He and Charles Wallace slid down the hatch and met Sam at the bottom.

"Whoa, gawrsh. How are we gonna find the Bookworm in this place?" said Sam.

"Batman said he wears book covering materials as clothes. So if why find a guy with that kind of clothing, we'll know it's the Bookworm" said Charles Wallace.

Calvin cleared his throat before the kids went on.

"You okay, Cal? You've cleared your throat three times since we got here" said Charles Wallace.

"I guess" said Calvin.

"Well, let's worry about that later, Charles Wallace. Come on" said Sam.

The Three Warriors went on. 

Eventually, they did see the Bookworm in the distance. 

His clothes matched Batman's description and he wore huge glasses and a hat with a little microphone attached to it.

"I think that's him" said Sam.

"That's gotta be him" said Calvin.

"But where's Meg?" said Charles Wallace.

Suddenly, instead of clearing his throat, Calvin broke into a coughing fit. 

The Bookworm heard it.

"What is going on here?" he said.

He turned around fast and he saw the Three Warriors.

"Ah! A trio of trespassers is it?" said the Bookworm. 

"Calvin! Did you mean to cough?" said Sam.

"Of course not! But I did" said Calvin in a raspy voice.

"Are you sure you're okay, old buddy? You're not even sounding like yourself" said Charles Wallace.

"I dunno" said Calvin.

"Well... for now, let's focus on what we came here to focus on" said Charles Wallace.