Chapter 8

"What kind of games are you meddling kids playing?" said the Bookworm.

"Alright, Bookworm. Where's Meg?" said Calvin.

"Where's who?" said the Bookworm.

"Don't play dumb with us, mister!" said Sam.

"Ooh! There's a bit of the devil in you, is there, my dear?" said the Bookworm.

"We know you kidnapped my sister, you book loving breach!" said Charles Wallace.

"What? I did no such thing! Somebody's playing games" said the Bookworm.

"That's the thing. We don't know what the Riddler's game is or yours. He gave us riddles that led us to your lair, Bookworm" said Sam.

"I'm sorry, dearie. I don't follow you at all" said the Bookworm. 

"You liar!" Calvin coughed.

"Steady, Calvin! And he seems to be telling the truth" said Sam.

"Child, of course I'm telling the truth. I was never in association with the Riddler. And who is your sister, little guy?" said the Bookworm.

"Meg Murry-Stuart" said Charles Wallace.

"There you are. That name does not ring a bell to me. Honest to goodness" said the Bookworm.

"Out riddled" said Calvin.

"I thought so. The Riddler loves to trick his victims" said the Bookworm.

"Then... we'll just go" said Sam.

"Not so fast. Normally, I don't harm Batman and Robin when they find my lair... but I can't deny another chapter when the stars wander so willingly into my book" said the Bookworm slyly.

He was ready to attack the Three Warriors, but they escaped in the nick of time.

"Curses!" they heard the Bookworm snap.

"Alright. Apparently, we got the wrong criminal" said Sam.

"And Calvin seems to be in the wrong condition to go Warrior-ing" said Charles Wallace.

"Yeah... Cal, are you sure you're alright?" said Sam.

"I dunno" said Calvin clearing his throat.

"Come on. We better go upstairs and tell Batman and Robin it was a false alarm" said Sam.