Chapter 17

Robin was Dick Grayson again as he and Sam were staying in Wayne Manor.

"Wayne Manor sure is quiet without Aunt Harriet" said Dick.

"Is it? She didn't seem like an upbeat person" said Sam.

"No, I don't mean like that. She's often getting things organized in the kitchen and making conversation with Bruce or me or Alfred. But now that she's been kidnapped, it's silent" said Dick.

"I get that. When Murray had his open heart surgery, Wigglehouse was dead silent without his guitar solos" said Sam.

"And pretty sad, I'd guess" said Dick.

"I don't think it'd ever been sadder" said Sam.

"It's probably like that again with Muzz being gone" said Dick.

"Maybe. It just makes me glad I'm here, Dick. No worried crowd or anything. So thanks for this" said Sam.

"I would never let you down, Sam. I never let anyone down" said Dick.

"Me neither. If I'd ever let you down, you'd probably still be passed out in the tunnel" said Sam.

"Holy Rip Van Winkle" said Dick making Sam laugh a little.

"And don't worry. We'll find everyone we're missing in the morning" said Dick after a few seconds.

Sam nodded her head then Dick showed her to her room.

The next morning, Dick and Sam had breakfast with Alfred.

"I'm so glad you came, Mistress Sam. Wayne Manor has been quite different without Mr Bruce and Mrs Cooper" said Alfred.

"I know, Alfred. I just wish Bruce were helping us right now. He'd know just what to do" said Sam.

"But we still need to get out there. Find out how to save our guys" said Dick.

He stood up and said "Sam, I'm gonna go get changed. And you meet me at the corner of Gotham Town Hall" said Dick.

"Roger" said Sam as she hurried out the door.

Dick and Alfred went in Bruce's study and Alfred opened the bookshelf that led to the Batpoles.

"Good luck, Master Dick!" said Alfred.

And Dick slid down his pole, put his Robin costume back on and rushed to where Sam was.