Chapter 10

Sam and Charles Wallace went with Batman and Robin back to Gotham Police Headquarters to inform Commissioner Gordon about Calvin.

Chad and Jeremy had been waiting for them.

"Did you find Meg? Tell me you found her" said Chad.

The two remaining Warriors shook their heads.

"You didn't?" said Chad.

"And where's Calvin?" said Jeremy.

"He's sick. We don't know why, but when we got to the library, he out of nowhere started coughing" said Sam.

"This is outrageous. One of the Warriors becoming ill just as you enter the crime scene?" said Commissioner Gordon. 

"And the worst part, Commish, was that it wasn't a crime scene. The riddles led us to something false" said Sam.

"Saints alive! It really isn't like the Riddler to lead you to a false crime" said Chief O'Hara.

"It isn't?" said Charles Wallace.

"No, Charles Wallace. Normally, the Riddler leads us to exactly what he's doing" said Batman.

"Without options or alternatives" added Robin.

"Gawrsh. I wonder why he lied this time" said Sam.

"Perhaps he's the one who has Meg and he's framing other criminals" said Jeremy. 

"Jeremy!" scolded Chad as if he didn't like the thought of that. 

"Looks like we're gonna be searching harder. Because the whole team of villains might be in on this" said Charles Wallace.

"It could be. And we must inform you that aside from Meg, we have had eighteen other kidnappings. It's worse than we thought" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Eighteen?" said Sam.

"Hmm. Charles Wallace, come along" said Batman.

"What are we doing?" said Charles Wallace.

"We're getting you back to Wigglehouse. Calvin is ill and we now know how many kidnappings there have been. I don't believe you're safe out there, son" said Batman.

"But I'm a Warrior" said Charles Wallace.

"Yes, but we mustn't trust the state of things given your age" said Batman.

"I guess I am a little young to be Warrior-ing in such danger. But I've faced bigger danger" said Charles Wallace.

"Indeed you have. But I'm not about to rescue your sister and let you get kidnapped with her" said Batman.

"Heck no. Meg would be so upset if you got kidnapped after her" Robin agreed.

"Aw... okay" said Charles Wallace sadly.

"Good boy" said Batman.

He took Charles Wallace by the hand and led him to the Batmobile.

Sam looked at her best friend with a sad expression.

"You okay?" Robin said to her.

"I dunno, Robin. The Warriors have been reduced to one before, but I'm not sure what to make of this one" answered Sam.

"I'm here. Batman's here" said Robin. 

"Robin, Sam, hurry along" said Batman.