Chapter 19

Robin and Sam looked and looked, but everyone they saw was too innocent to be helping out the Joker.

"Let's face it, Robin. We're pinched. You'd think someone would eventually give themselves up" said Sam.

"Those fiends are too smart. They'd never reveal their henchmen. Not even by mistake" said Robin.

"But villains always make one mistake" said Sam.

"Yes they do. But we haven't come across one yet" said Robin.

"What are we gonna do? Muzz could be mid-deathtrap right now" said Sam.

Robin sighed. "I don't know, sweetheart. If Batman were here, we'd have found them by now" he said.

But then Sam saw a tiny little house in the distance.

"Robin... look" she said.

Robin had a look at the house and suspected that it could be the one mistake the villains made. Hiring someone who lived in a house as inexplicable as that one. 

"Come on" said Robin.

"Where are we going?" said Sam.

"To that house of course. If that little house is inexplicably there, this could be the mistake we're looking for" said Robin.

"Oh! Good thinking" said Sam.

The two rushed to the house. It wasn't too far away, but they still ran out of breath. 

Robin and Sam walked hand in hand to the front door and knocked on it.

A pretty blonde lady answered it and said "yes?"

"Madam, I'm Robin. The Boy Wonder. The youthful aid of Batman" said Robin.

"And I'm Sam Pan-Cook. The Green Warrior. The youthful wife of Murray Cook" said Sam.

"Hello" said the lady.

"May we have your name?" said Robin.

"Mary. My friends call me Bloody Mary" the lady responded.

Sam's eyes widened at the nickname.

Mary noticed her face and said "what is it, dear?"

"Nothing, madam. It's that... I've never heard that nickname before" said Sam.

"Oh. Well, I apologize for springing it on you" said Mary.

"Now... we'd like to stay for a minute or two and talk" said Robin.

"About what?" said Mary.

"Uh..." Robin stammered.

"Things. You know, you look like you could use some company. Extra company that is; I don't know who you live with" said Sam.

Mary inspected the two and said "Very well. Come on in".

Robin sighed and said "Holy relief. Thanks for that, Sam".

"Don't mention it" said Sam.