Chapter 18

Robin found Sam on the corner of Gotham Town Hall just as he expected.

"Now what?" said Sam.

"I dunno. First, I think we should go see the commissioner. He might have some news" said Robin.

"Hopefully good news. Because we got nothing but team reduction here" said Sam.

"Well, not nothing. We do know who at least some of our adversaries are" said Robin.

"Good point. Now come on" said Sam.

The two hurried to the Gotham City Police Station where Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara were trying to keep Cathy Lane calm.

"I'm sorry, Cathy. We haven't heard anything from Batman or Robin or the Warriors. No clues where anyone is now" said Commissioner Gordon.

"My cousin was kidnapped, Commissioner. When are we to hear from them? Who kidnapped her?" said Cathy.

"Try to stay calm. The Warriors have been reduced to one and Batman is discussing Mrs Cooper with Bruce Wayne. All we can do is wait for the Boy Wonder and Mrs Pan-Cook" said Chief O'Hara.

"I'm ready for anything. Anything they say. All I want is to have Patty back!" Cathy sobbed.

Robin and Sam made their way inside.

"Oh, Sam, Robin! Who has Patty? Whoever it is, destroy them!" said Cathy.

"Cathy! Do not stress out the crimefighters. They've gone through enough already" said Commissioner Gordon.

"I'm sorry" said Cathy.

"We haven't been able to rescue anyone, commish. But we think we may have found our kidnappers" said Sam.

"Catwoman's cat drugged me and Sam ran into the Joker. We obviously know they're back in town. Commissioner, would you show us the criminals who have been released?" said Robin.

"By all means" said Commissioner.

"Are you saying Patty could have been kidnapped by anyone?" said Cathy.

"Gawrsh, Cathy. Maybe not anyone. If the Joker and Catwoman are in on this, we might now exactly who's in this group" said Sam.

"Yes, of course. The Riddler" said Cathy.

"But we haven't run into him yet, sweetheart" said Robin.

"But we do know that he could very well be part of it" said Sam.

"Have you told Calvin any of this?" said Cathy.

"No and we aren't going to. He's sick and we don't wanna make his condition worse by telling him his girlfriend fell victim to the Riddler" said Sam.

"You're probably right, Sam" said Robin.

"Done" said Commissioner Gordon.

He showed Robin and Sam the screen with pictures of the released villains.

Catwoman, the Joker, the Riddler and the Penguin were all released. 

"Them again? Together?" said Sam.

"Yes. And we've heard that they're working with someone else. But we don't know who" said Commissioner Gordon.

"So what do we do?" said Sam.

"We find who they're working with" said Robin.

"But if you don't know who it is, how will you find them?" said Cathy.

"I dunno. But rest assured, Cathy. We'll get your cousin back if it kills us" said Robin patting Cathy's shoulder.