Summer of 1986.

TRIGGER WARNING:::: ABUSE.

"Grandpa Eddie how did you and Grandma meet?", Jacob asks. I look at the framed hellfire shirt on the wall and think back on old times. 

"I'll take you back in time shall I?" Jacob our grandson asks excitedly. 

"It was the summer of 1986 when our only worries was when we were going to get to play D and D. When I began to how truly beautiful she was... 

FLASH BACK...

"Eddie!" Y/N whistles. I turn my attention to the tall red haired women standing on the cafeteria tables. I walk over to the table and sit down next to Dustin. "What is she doing?" Mike asks. "Wait and see", I whisper. 

Y/N grabbed onto me, pulling me atop the tables with her. Mike looks to Dustin and explains that they were just talking about D and D.

"We're the freaks because we are into a fantasy game. BUT...."

"As long as you're into bands, or science, or parties, or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets..." Y/N states across the cafeteria, looking directly to the cool kids table, the rich kids table...

"You want something freaks!" the captain of the basketball team shouts to Y/N and I. 

I make devil horns with my hands to him; Dustin laughs. 

"Its force conforming.... that's what's KILLING THE KIDS" I shout to everyone, Y/N starts laughing. "Thats the real monster" she continues to mutter under her breath. She walks in front of me and smirks. I wink to her. We both eventually take a seat, Y/N was next to Dustin and I.

*Present day*.

 "Here's the thing about your grandma Jacob, she had a bad bringing up. Her father was a drunk, her mother abandoned her from the age of 10. So she found her own way of coping, that was playing D&D or listening to music. Due to her lack of love and safety she connected to people through ways that not everyone does. She listened to everyone about their problems, she never truly knew how amazing she was. How beautiful she was. It was heartbreaking seeing this girl crumbling into herself"

*Past*.

Y/N sat down next to dustin and we all joined into everyone's conversations that was just the way it was. We were chill. The first bell rings calling us for class, we tend to stay in until the last minute. Then the second bell rang, we all started to get up, well all but one of us anyway. 

Y/N is laying down in the her arms on the table. "Sweetheart" I whisper in her ear. She suddenly snaps out of her trance. "SHIT. Class. Already?". 

All the guys walk to class, im sitting next to Y/N. "Wanna ditch?", she looks at me and smiles. "Can we?". All I do is nod. She is my ride or die at the end of the day.  And I would do anything for her. I mean anything.

we go into the bathrooms, the bathrooms are the only place that we can go, without getting caught. 

when we get to the bathroom, she throws her bag down and sits down on the side sink.

Y/N POV:

"How much for a spliff?" I ask Eddie. Pulling out some cash from my pants. A total of 2 dollars. "Fuck". 

"Hey. You know flattery works with me", Eddie reminds me. I smile at him. 

"How about this... Eddie you are the best guitarist I have ever heard?". "There we go, that's a joint for free right there" he says with his signature grin. He throws me already rolled weed. "Thank you sweet" I say to him. Eddie sits down next to me. "Want to talk about it?" he wonders. "Talk about what?". "About whatever is making you so absent minded, so distracted". "Oh that. Uhm well it's not really anything, just haven't really been sleeping that well". "And you're sure that's it?" Eddie continues. "Yes Eddie. I promise". I whisper the last part, knowing full well that it's not true. Dad has been drinking heavily the last couple of days and the problem with that is, when he gets drunk, he gets violent. So I stay up all night making sure he doesn't sneak attack me.