4. Summer of 1986. (PT3)

A/N: HEY! SO I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU ALL REALLY QUICK, I DIDN'T EXPECT TO WAKE UP WITH 1.5K READS!. I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THE AMOUNT OF LOVE I AM GETTING THROUGH THESE CHAPTERS!. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY <3 <3

*Present Day*

"I want to hear more Grandpa!", "Ok, Ok Jacob. Calm down, get into bed and we will go back to the greatest summer of my life. The summer of 1986 when I fell for the love of my life". Jacob scrambled into his bed and then Grandpa Eddie got comfortable in the rocking chair next to Jacobs bed, ready to tell him more.

*Past*.

Y/N POV:

It's been 3 days since the incident with Jason happened, 4 days since my father snapped, since Eddie and his uncle took me in. Thankfully none of the populars have harassed me anymore since Steve sorted Jason out.

Mike has spoke none stop about how he is leaving for California to visit his girlfriend Eleven. I know strange name, but hey who am I to judge?. Dustin keeps reminding him that he is also there to spend time with Will but I can tell he is more concerned for El.

"Is this Will byers kid the one that went missing a few years back?". "Yes, but we don't like talking about it. It is confusing" Dustin speaks up. "That's fine, I thought I recognised his name" I add, making him sure I'm just being nosy and not purposefully trying to invade his privacy.

Cadence and Tommy start making conversation with the other guys when I see this stunning redhead make her way over here, when she is at the table I smile at her. "Hey, Dustin, Mike..." they all look over but they seem shocked??

"Hi, im Y/N" I reveal. "I'm Max", she vocalizes. "This is Cadence, Tommy and Eddie" I tell her. "Ahh the infamous Eddie Munson, known for his erratic episodes and his freakishly cool style" she adds. He puts on a fake offended front. She looks like she now feels guilty, "the one and only" I joke. "Sit. It would be nice having another girl around here" I welcome her. "Ahhh I actually came over here to speak to Dustin and Mike quickly", "no problem, just know that if you ever wanna chill, you are always welcome here, it gets boring talking to just the boys" Max laughs as Dustin and Mike make their way, following behind Max.

"I'm known for my cool style? that is so rad!" Eddie rejoices as we make our way to class.

First lesson is english lit and luckily for me Eddie is with me in this class. The teacher is talking about Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, being named as the most tragic love story of all time, but I feel differently. How I see it is, it's not a love story at all it's more a horror story. A 17 year old gets into this relationship with a 13 year old and seem to convince each other that they're in love AFTER BARELY A WEEK OF KNOWING EACH OTHER. Then along with that 6 people die all because 'they're in love'. I mean he was literally lusting after Rosaline a few days prior and claims he is in love with her but then he sees Juliet and suddenly he loves her and not Rosaline, I don't know it all seems a bit odd to me.

As I'm writing down my opinions on this play, I feel Eddie nudge me. A piece of paper comes sliding across my desk.

EDDIE: Y/N! I dare you to tell Mr Simons your real thoughts on this tragic love story!.

Y/N: NO! IF I DO THAT I'LL PROBABLY BE SHIT ON BY EVERYONE :)

EDDIE: NO FUN.

Fine.

"Sir! should we even be learning about this play? it's a bit hypocritical and not to say controversial". "Pray tell me Miss Y/L/N how a play written by one of the most largely known writers of all time, is hypocritical?". "I mean Romeo is 17 whilst Juliet is barely a teenager, it's said to be the most tragic love story of all time but how can it be a love story when its about literal war between 2 families, and not to mention again Romeo is nearly an adult! Juliet was 13!". "Back in those time it was different. You had kids marrying 50 year old men so this is barely controversial to those cases" he replies. "Oh I know people's morals back then were completely different to now, but I still think we shouldn't be promoting this behaviour and definitely not this play as a romantic love story when it is the complete opposite. In the middle of them trying to convince themselves they are in love, there ends up being 6 deaths. They aren't in love they're just desperate to find it so they see the first person who could be down as even conveniently attractive and decide that is the other half of their soul! its a load of crap!".