9. Summer of 1986. (PT8)

A/N: HEY! I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR 10k READS ! ITS CRAZY. YOUR ALL SO FUNNY I ACTUALLY LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS.

*Present Day*

"But Grandpa, how come Grandma was in love with someone else when you are together now?". "That's the question I was asking myself, I always believed that because we were kids that you could only love 1 person but that is entirely not true. Lots of people fall in love several times, some of us however only fall in love once". 

*Past*

EDDIE POV:

Y/N didn't come home last night, I bet it was because me and deciding to stupidly kiss her when she already had a boyfriend. I wonder where she went, maybe she stayed with Max? but there is a part of me that is worried she stayed with Steve, who knows what could go down.

Y/N POV:

I wake up, seeing the light from outside shining in through these massive windows. I hold still wondering where the fuck I am, until I turn around and see steve lying asleep in bed next to me. Shirtless. I look down at myself in a panic, no no no no no. No I didn't. Shit. Before moving anywhere I try and identify my clothes that are laying on the floor. I sneakily get off the bed, put them on and tip toe out his house, leaving no word for my whereabouts. 

The last 24 hours has somehow managed to be the best day but more likely the worst day of my life. We played amazing, then I ended up cheating on my boyfriend for my best friend, then I end up going back to my boyfriend, telling him I love him, then continue to let him do stuff to me. Don't worry, there was no sex just a few other intimate things. Oh god, how do I tell my current boyfriend that yes I love him but I also love my best friend as more than just a friend. 

It was 6:30 am when I left Steve's house and arrived back at the trailer park at 7am. 

I walk to Eddie's trailer and see him through the window walking around, so selfishly I decide to knock.

I hear footsteps make their way to the door, and he opens it, face slightly relaxing when he knows its me. "Eddie, I really need to talk to you" I state. He looks at me, wondering for a second if he should even give me the light of day, of course he shouldn't, it was selfish for me to even come back here, after everything I have put him and steve through, but if it makes me a bad person, then I guess I'm a bad person. 

I follow him to his room, sit down on the bed. He stands in front of the door. "What is it?" he asks. "Ok. I know I seriously fucked up last night. We did so good with the band, like really good. Then I saw you looking at me during Iris and got completely mind fucked. I saw you, like I really saw you and I knew from that minute that I didn't just see you as a friend, but then everything happened, Steve saw us kiss, then I ended up running from you, then I went to my dad's trailer and started shouting at him, threatening him. Then I didn't feel comfortable coming back here because of what I'd done, so I went the only other place. I went to Steve's". His face droops.

"You didn't feel comfortable coming back here?" he asks me, "Eddie, you have to understand. I felt so incredibly guilty for what I put you through, so no. I thought maybe you wouldn't want me to return home last night, so I didn't, I wanted to give you some space". "Y/N, you literally just a second ago called this trailer home! how could you think you wouldn't be welcome back here. I know what you are saying but you can't just up and leave and not tell anyone". "I know". I look down at my knotted hands, picking at my skin. he sits down next to me and pulls me into his side. "I'm so sorry Ed" I cry into his chest and he just lets me lean on him. If only I'd seen this sooner. 

"I don't know what to do" I whisper. He looks down at me. "Unfortunately only you can decide what you want to do. If you want to try this out with Steve then you do that, if it doesn't work out for you both, then I'll be here waiting for you. If you want me then that's great. But I will be by your side through it all". I look at him and feel this overwhelming urge to kiss him again. No matter how much I want to, I can't. Not right now. So I go with the safest option. I hug him hard. 

Dustin knocks on the door and comes barging in. "Where is she?" he says to Eddie. Dustin walks into the room and sees me sitting on the bed, head in hands. "You've got some serious explaining to do" Dustin tells me, sitting down next to me. So I tell him everything. "Steve told me" he adds. "I have made a real mess. All because my heart decided to be greedy and love 2 people at once". And without any explanation Dustin hugs me. I thought he'd hate me. 

"I'm usually the problem solver, but even I don't know what to suggest here. Who do you feel stronger about?" he asks me. "Honestly?" he nods. "Eddie". 

"Then im sorry Y/N but you have to tell Steve. This is one of the only times you have to go with what your heart is telling you. Be honest with yourself. You can't please everyone. Now don't get me wrong Steve is my best friend and you cheating on him was not cool. But it's better him knowing that you love Eddie then him being completely clueless. He deserves so much better than being lied to" Dustin adds. 

.................................................................

Eddie drops me off at blockbusters where Steve works. I open the door. I see Steve and walk up to him.
"Hey", he looks at em and smiles. "Hey gorgeous", uhh my heart melts. How can I tell him the truth when he is so amazing. "Look we need to talk", "yeah. I know".

He takes me to another room, staff only. We sit down. "Steve, everything I did last night. It was wrong of me to come running back to you considering the circumstances. I was lonely, I had no place to stay. But I really need to tell you the truth now, before it hurts you even more then it already has". "I know what you are going to say. That you love Eddie. And don't think it's fair to hold us both, when we all know who you love more". I look at him, he looks disheartened.

"I'm so sorry Steve, you know I didn't think this would happen. But I need to do what I think I should do. And I don't want to hurt you because your are such an amazing guy, but I owe it to both of us, you need to find someone that loves you, and doesn't hurt you the way I did. You deserve so much love and compassion, so much more than I was capable of giving you". Steve pulls me in an embrace.

"You've hurt me Y/N but I also see that if I don't let you go then I'm going to be hurting you, that's the last thing I want to do. So just know that no matter what we are cool. It just means your gonna have to be one hell of a wingman for me" he jokes. "Oh of course, I'll be the greatest wing women ever" he lets go and I walk out the store, feeling a bit of extra weight off my shoulders.

I start my walk back to Eddie, feeling relieved, happy, and proud for telling someone the truth. Still annoyed at myself at how I treated everyone.

I knock of Eddie's door, he opens it and all I manage to do is fall into his arms, he picks me up, my legs wrapping around his waist and I hold him tighter then ever before. "Your the man I want Eddie. Deep down you always have been. I've always looked for you in every guy I've dated, but they've never been you". He smashes his lips against mine. His kiss is electric. "I love you Y/N  Y/L/N".

........

*Present day*.

So you and grandma finally found each other again!" Jacob squeals. "That's the beauty of true love, kid. No matter how long you are apart, you'll always find your way back to one another".

......

HEY! THIS IS ANOTHER EARLY CHAPTER. I FINALLY DID IT. I HOPE YOU HAVE LOVED THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I WAS ENJOYING WRITING IT. I DID FIND IT DIFFICULT TRYING TO THINK IF A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM, BUT I HOPE THIS IS OKAY. HAVE AN AMAZING DAY <3