5. Summer of 1986. (PT4)

*Past*.

Y/N POV:

"No way. I am not jumping off of this 30 foot cliff!" I exclaimed, "oh come on Y/N! there is water at the bottom" Eddie goads. "I dont care of there was a fucking bed of marshmallows down there, I am not jumping off!". "Come on!" Cadence voices. I shake my head and fold my arms around each other. I feel the cold morning chill hitting my body. My orange bikini not doing any favours for me. Max walks up beside me. "Will you jump with me?" Eddie asks. I look at him. "You promise it's safe?". "Y/N I wouldn't get you to jump here if it wasn't. I've done this a million times before".... fine. "Okay. Fine but you are going at the same time". I walk next to Eddie who is standing at the edge of the cliff, looking down at the water. "Oh god thats a high drop", I say. I feel myself lean forward and the wind change directions causing me to lose my footing. Eddie grabs onto me before I fall and holds me still. "Holy fuck", I cry out. I look down and notice my hands gripping ahold of Eddie's. He looks down at the same time I do but just like that we both immediately look away and get ourselves ready for this jump. "3....2....1.... GO!" Dustin yells and Eddie runs to the edge and we both go flying of the ledge heading for the water below. I scream the whole way down before colliding with the water. I come back up for breath and see Eddie doing the same but before we get to one another we hear someone yelling "Cannonball!!" I turn my attention to the now falling Tommy heading right toward Eddie and I. 

When you're in water you really only have a couple milliseconds to move out someones way because you fall fast. Luckily he misses us by about a meter. 

We climb out the water to meet everyone. "That was crazy!" I squeal. "I am totally doing that again" I say as I run to the ledge again. We continue doing this for a couple of hours until we decide we should get back. I have been told that there is a gig coming up. We are playing at some bar down the west end of Hawkins. Apparently there will only be a few old men drunk for our audience but hey everyone starts somewhere. 

I wrap my towel around my body and get into Eddie's car, sitting in the back because Dustin called shotgun. Dustin has been more clingy to us all lately due to the fact that Mike has gone to California to be with Will Byers and Eleven. That's fine by me though, Dustin has grown on me and would be currently one of my favourite people. Max also of course. I heard the shit that went down with Max last year, how Billy died in the mall fire. Made how one minute someone can be with you then the next they're gone. Anyway no more being debbie downer. 

I haven't spoken to my father since the night he decided to kick me out and that was almost a month ago now, but to be honest it is for the best. My mental health has improved since living with Eddie and his uncle, its crazy how much your health can improve from just feeling wanted.

EDDIE POV:

Uncle Grant has been great. He welcomed Y/N into this house. I have noticed a huge change to Y/N's demeanor, she is happier that's for sure. She smiles more, which improves my mood because it lights up a room. No exageration either her smile has got be one of the most breathtaking sights. Since living together I have realised that I may have gained a few extra feelings for her that I did not welcome. We are best friends and I know that if I admit to her that she is the women I want then it will ruin that friendship and at the end of the day I'd rather be best friends forever than potentially ruin our relationship by admitting my feelings and her not feel the same and then I would make it weird and awkward.

The drive over to Cadence's wasn't too long but all the while I was driving I kept taking quick peaks at Y/N who was sat in the middle of the car. As I do, everytime she notices. She looks back through the rearview mirror and smiles at me. I turn away and quickly look back to the road.

Band practice passes quickly, we are on our last 10 minutes and we decide to let Y/N pick the last song. She picks out... Heart Of Glass by Blondie:

("Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind.)

(Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing, but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind.)

(In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you. it's just no good
You teasing like you do.)

(Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind.)

Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We coulda made it cruising, yeah.

(La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish lightOoh, oh, ooh, oh
Ooh, oh, ooh, oh.)

(Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind.)

(In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do.)

(La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, laLa, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.)

We really are going places. Dustin and Max are not members of our band so they were sitting on the couch but they were gawking at us the whole time, I like to think they were admiring our talent, but in all honestly I could tell they were admiring Y/N's voice.

"So should we get going then guys?" I ask them all. "Yeah, night Cadence, night Tommy" Max says Dustin not far behind. "Fancy smoking pot?" I ask her after dropping Max and Dustin off. Her eyes light up, "as if you have to ask me that!". On the drive back home Y/N rolls 2 joints 1 for me and 1 for her. 

We sit down in the woods behind the trailer and light up our smokes. Y/N inhales deeply through her lungs then lets out a long sigh. "This shit is good" she announces nodding toward her roll up. 

"Today was honestly one of the best days of my life" Y/n admits. I smile, "same". Neither of us wanting to disturb the silence we look up at the stars crowding the sky. "Do you ever wish life could be this calm forever?" I ask her. "That would be the dream, but I also think life needs to be hectic sometimes, otherwise how will anything get done?".

 A perfect end to one of the greatest days. 

*Present Day*.

"I wanna watch the stars with you and grandma!". I smile to him, "how about tomorrow?" Jacob fully awakes from his sleepy state. "Shhh we'll ask grandma tomorrow ok. Now get into bed before she comes and finds you jumping around everywhere". He plonks himself down under his covers, I turn on his moon night light and leave the room. 

HI! WHILST WRITING THIS CHAPTER I KEPT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MY SONG WOULD BE IF I WAS MAX. WHAT WOULD YOURS BE? I HONESTLY THINK MINE WOULD BE SOMETHING BY EITHER PHIL COLLINS OR HARRY STYLES? NO IDEA, I'LL HAVE TO HAVE A LONGER THINK. HAVE A GREAT DAY OR NIGHT WHENEVER YOU ARE READING THIS :) <3 <3