6. Summer of 1986. (PT5)

A/N: THE SONGS WON'T ALL BE FROM THE 80's :) <3

*Present Day*.

"Grandpa! come on!" Jacob shouts as I take my time walking to his bed. "This was the day that broke my heart".

*Past*.

EDDIE POV:

It's been hard to say the least. For the past few weeks my feelings for Y/N have grown. I thought I'd be able to keep it under control but everytime I look at her I am teleported into a vision of what our life could be like if I only came out and told her the truth, but then I envision what could go wrong. When I wake up in the morning I always feel her arms wrapped around me and her head resting on my stomach, which then convinces me that that's she too has feelings for me, but then she'll wake up and suddenly move off me. 

We have had some new people join our group over the past few weeks, Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington and Robin Buckley. It has been epic.

I wake up after Y/N today and find her sitting outside the trailer with a smoke in her hand, a blanket wrapped around her to shield her from the morning chill. "You okay sweetheart?". She looks up at me, moving along of the chair, making space for me. I sit down next to her, nabbing the cigarette. "I do need some advice" she admits...

Y/N POV:

I see Eddie walking over to me. he sits down beside me and steals my smoke. "I do need some advice" I tell him. He looks up at me. I almost feel sick admitting this to him but I have no one else. "There is this guy"

EDDIE POV:

"There is this guy", quite possibly the best or worst news I've ever gotten. 

Y/N POV:

"Ok", is all he says. "I don't know if he likes me back. But in the past few weeks we have got closer. I think secretly I have had feelings for him for awhile but always pushed them back because a part of me never believed that I could get a guy like him, but recently I have a feeling that maybe just maybe he might feel the same. I don't know what to do, do I let him know my feeling that's could potentially end our friendship, or do I not tell him. If I don't tell him then one day it will all just overload". 

EDDIE POV:

I stop breathing. Is she talking about me?!. "You want my advice?" she nods. "If you think he feels the same. Tell him!!. What's the worst that could happen, you stop being friends? then you weren't meant to be. Just be honest with him".

Y/N POV: 

What he said made perfect sense, but there is still a small part of me that is nervous to tell the truth. But hey, like Eddie said. What's the worst that could happen?.

I'll tell him today. When we all meet at band practice. 

Eddie and I get ready and once again head over to Cadences place. We get there after everyone and I watch him, as he sits on the couch opposite the instruments. I feel my heart skip a beat. Here goes nothing.

I stand at the microphone, we decide what to play. 

The last song we play is '18' by Anarbor. 

Eighteen, crazy
Pulled up in your daddy's car
You wanna move in with me
Guess we're off to a heavy startShould've seen this coming from a mile away
Eighteen, crazy
I know what you want from me
I know what you want from meSo if you wanna piss off your parents
Date me to scare them
Show them you're all grown up
If long hair and tattoos are what attract you
Baby then you're in luck
And I know it's just a phase
You're not in love with me
You wanna piss off your parents, baby
Piss off your parents
That's alright with meYou know I'm broke
So you pulled out your daddy's card
I drink, I smoke
You ate it up from the very startShould've seen this coming from a mile away
I'll play your game
I know what you want from me
I know what you want from me (uh, uh, uh, uh)So if you wanna piss off your parents
Date me to scare them
Show them you're all grown up
If long hair and tattoos are what attract you
Baby then you're in luck
And I know it's just a phase
You're not in love with me
You wanna piss off your parents, baby
Piss off your parents
That's alright with meI know what you want from meSo if you wanna piss off your parents
Date me to scare them
Show them you're all grown up
If long hair and tattoos are what attract you
Baby then you're in luck
And I know it's just a phase
You're not in love with me
And I know it's just a phase
You're not in love with meYou wanna piss off your parents, baby
Piss off your parents
That's alright
You wanna piss off your parents, baby
Piss off your parents
That's alright with me

We finish the song and all a while singing I saw him staring at me. 

......

EDDIE POV: 

18 by Anarbor is one of my all time favourites. So the fact Y/N chose this song to sing last, leads me to believe that it is me. 

We finish packing everything away; everyone waits for me at the car...

Y/N POV:

Once we are all packed I decide now is as perfect time than any. 

I go behind the house to have a quick cigarette and am joined by Steve. "Hey" he says. "Hi" I reply. "You sounded great" he compliments me. "I know" I say boldly. "I like that", he whispers, walking closer to me, "what?". "The way you're so sure of yourself. You don't need anyone's approval but your own". He gets closer to me. One arm leaning against the wall behind me. "Steve. I need to say something", he nods his head encouraging me to keep going. "I like you, and I would really like to get to know you better",  I see his lips turn up into an arrogant smirk. "Hmmm. I'll have to think about that" he says, I nudge him teasingly. "Well. I like you too" he admits. I feel my stomach tighten, butterflies flying around in there. He leans closer. His other arm leaning beside me. His lips coming down on mine. Our lips move in sync, his soft as butter lips feeling magnificent on mine. Well they did until someone interrupted. *Cough, Cough*. I quickly look to the person making themselves known. Dustin. "Fuck you Henderson. Always ruining these moments". I laugh, Dustin looks at me, daggers in his eyes. I want to ask what his problem is but soon enough Eddie is next to him. "You ready?" he asks us. We all nod.

Eddie and Dustin walk ahead and I feel Steve beside me, his arm lightly brushing against mine. When we get to Eddie's small ass car, we all struggle to fit in, but we make it work. Steve is next to me, im near enough sitting on him the way we are all bundled on top of one another. I feel his breath on the back of my neck, sending chills through my body. I hear a cocky quiet laugh escapes his lips. 

"I'll pick you up at 8?" Steve whispers in my ear. I smile at him as he climbs out the car. I have to get out so Robin can go with him. He backs me against the car subtly and place a quick kiss to my cheek. "See you at 8 Harrington" I say, he smiles. I get to climbing in the car when I see Eddie gazing out his wing mirror. He quickly looks away. I climb in next to Max. "You okay Ed?" I ask him, he just nods and turns the music up. I look at Max and shrug my shoulder and mouthed 'I don't know'.

HEYYY. SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT FOR THIS CHAPTER, TODAY HAS BEEN SO HECTIC. I KNOW! I AM PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS STORY A BIT AS I WANT THIS TO BE LIKE A SLOW BURN. ANYWAY ENJOY! HOPE YOU DON'T MIND TOO MUCH!. HAVE A GREAT DAY! <3 <3