8. Summer of 1986. (PT7)

A/N: MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR MORE! :)

*Past*.

Y/N POV:

It has been a few days since I may or may not have realised I have feelings for my best friend, yep. You heard that right, I have feelings for 2 guys, Steve Harrington and Eddie Munson. Awkward? Very.

Today is the day of our first gig with me in the band. We have been rehearsing religiously and deciding what songs we will be playing. We have 3 songs to play.

1.) Livin on a prayer - Bon Jovi.

2.) Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses.

3.) Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls.

Everyone is watching us perform tonight, Dustin, Max, Steve, Nancy, Robin and Lucas!. 

Eddie, Cadence, Tommy and I all get in the same car so we can go through everything that will happen tonight. "Are you ready?" Tommy asks me, I nod "yes, I'm nervous as fuck though, I feel like I need to throw up", Cadence laughs. "You'll be great!" Eddie informs me. "I hope so". 

We pull up outside the bar and everyone has found there places. "We'll be great!" I tell them. We all fist pump then get everything set up on stage.

The lights go out, we all find our places. I stand in front of the microphone next to Eddie who is standing at his mic and his guitar in his arms. The bright light spotlight us all, I smile and giggle. I notice steve in the crowd. Our outfits look awesome, black denim ripped jeans, metal shirt and each our own leather jackets, black boots. My hair is curled and in a ponytail, black eyeliner outlining my eyes. 

Steve looks at me and gives an encouraging smile. I smile back to him. 

"What's up everyone! we are Corroded Coffin! I hope you enjoy!" Eddie shouts to the crowd, today is a busy night, no one seems to notice. I look at all the guys, nod "we've got this, lets rock their shit!" I say. 

Cadence starts on the drums, Tommy on his guitar, Eddie soon joins in, the music track starts. 

I take a deep breath, look at Eddie who gives me an optimistic smile. 

Eddie and I start singing. we soon catch everyone's attention. People start jumping around in the crowd, singing along, raising their drinks. 

We get to our last song.... Iris.

The guitars start playing. 

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later, it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Eddie and I sing, I capture his eyes, we stare into each other whilst singing this song...

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know, you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am