Please Just Stay

After an hour of me talking Sirah stared at me blankly. "Wow kid...and baby Eleanor is coming in a few days?"

I nodded. "Well what if Sonny's in the hospital longer?"

I haven't thought about that....

I shrugged. But come to think of it...Sonny might be in the hospital now. I looked over to see people putting Sonny in the ambulance, I ran over to them with Sirah behind me, "can I come?"

The man looked at me, "relative? "

"Ellie Baker" I replied.

I went in the truck as Sirah gave me a thumbs up and went in her car because people were still clearing out of the building.

I looked at Sonny, who looked dead. I gave the man next to me a panicked look as he felt for a pulse, "he is alive Mrs. Baker"

I nodded, and shifted to the edge of the bench I was sitting on. The man gave me a stare and got the idea and left to go to the passengers seat, leaving me and Sonny alone.

I stared at him, I was getting a little claustrophobic.

I held Sonny's hand and put my head down and whispered, "Please just stay"

--

As people were rushing all over the place, I just sat there. Unaware that a nurse was holding a baby and looking at me. "Excuse me, are you Ellie?"

I nodded.

"Well....your baby needs to be picked up today..."

"What? I thought you gave us five days, and she is not my baby..."

"Ellie this isn't a huge hospital, you need to take this baby"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

XxxxMikeyxxxX