Dinner for Two

9 Dinner for Two

Castor enjoyed a nice hot shower and dressed for dinner. He really appreciated this shower. It was much nicer than the one at his dorm. He drifted into a meditative state, rejuvenating his mind and spirit. Castor was pleased that the concierge could dry clean his clothes and deliver them promptly.

He would glance at his phone, wondering how Arryn was doing and if he should text or call. Castor wasn't sure if doing so would annoy Arryn or not. Deciding not to do either, Castor put his phone away.

Arryn had shown him a safe full of ancient and rare books. Castor was amazed that Arryn trusted him with these books. Some were about the various kinds of celestials there were. Also, a lot of history on Angels and Demons. Castor could lock himself away for weeks, studying all of this.

Castor also wondered about his birth parents. Were they still alive? Where could they be? What were they like? Castor took comfort knowing Arryn was just like him, an orphan. Castor also knew Arryn was sincere in his offer to help.

The sound of Arryn at the door made his heart skip a beat. There was some snow on his shoulders and in his hair. Castor got up from the table. Arryn was relieved to see Castor and rushed towards him, and Castor did the same. Meeting halfway, they embraced and kissed. Neither wanted to stop and lingered in each other's arms.

"Missed me?" Arryn whispered with a smile.

Castor smirked, "Perhaps...did you miss me?"

Arryn chuckled, "Have I let go of you yet?"

Both smiled and kissed each other, parting their lips and deepening the kiss. Arryn and Castor stood there, locked in an embrace for a while. Both stopped to catch their breath and smiled, gazing into each other's eyes.

"You waited for me?" Arryn said in disbelief, "I was worried you would slip away."

Shaking his head, Castor smiled, "Now, why would I go and do that?"

"Well..." Arryn paused, wondering if he could be honest, "Perhaps I was concerned that I scared you off..."

Castor interrupted, "Nope, not scared... however, I was worried about you today but was too nervous to call or text you."

Arryn furrowed his brow, "Why would you worry about that?"

"I didn't want you to get annoyed nor distract you?" Castor explained.

Laughing softly, Arryn embraced Castor, "You are not a nuisance. You can call or text me anytime... As for being a distraction... well, you are someone I don't mind distracting me."

Castor smiled in relief and squeezed Arryn tightly.

"I was wondering," Arryn asked, still embracing Castor, "Would you like to go downstairs to dine or have room service?"

"I don't care. What do you prefer?" Castor answered.

"Hmm...If we stay in, you might not make it home tonight." Arryn winked, "Come, let's go down and eat."

Castor watched Arryn type something into his watch.

Arryn noticed Castor, "Oh, just reserving the table. It'll be ready by the time we get down to the restaurant."

"Oh... perfect!"

Arryn reached for Castor's hand, to his surprise. Castor smiled and squeezed Arryn's hand reassuringly. Holding hands, Arryn led Castor to the elevator.

They were all alone, and the elevator made no stops until it reached the rooftop. There was a restaurant with a fantastic view of the sunset reflecting off the snow.