Chapter 19

AN// New POV.

H

I woke up to the feeling of hair in my face again and I wasn't about to complain. I slept over again. I could wake up to Kalisse under my arms every morning if possible.

The moment I seen her, I couldn't help but watch her, she was interesting. Very.

I became easily strung on her, the first few days I tried my best to keep a distance, to keep it normal but I couldn't. She took over every fibre of my mind, her scent, her voice, feel of her skin, her touch, everything.

I knew she wasn't going with anyone else but I needed to make sure she wasn't and wouldn't.

My Kalisse.

I watch over her, I have since I came back. I didn't mean to leave for so long but when you run an entire empire it's kind of hard to run a day to day time table. It can be a pretty chaotic  lifestyle.

I had downplayed my lifestyle to Kali, everyone around me knew, Lily knew bits and bobs from Liam but not the extent of it and hopefully Kali would be to never know.

I look down at her huddled in my arms, hair sprawled across my shoulder. I run my fingers across her hip and up her self, skin so soft beneath my fingertips littered in beautiful ink.

Beautiful.

She began to stir in her sleep until I start to hear her mutter I know she's awake. I looked at the alarm clock and it read 8:57am.

"Morning" she says with a shy smile as she turns her face into the pillow.

I pull her face back and kiss her necks and over her bare shoulder, "Morning." I mutter against her skin before pressing one last kiss against her back.

"I have work at eleven." She groans and pouts and it makes me want to laugh, if she let me, i'd make it so she didn't have to work a day.

"I have to leave for some things too, I will drop you off, no rush I can leave when you do. I am the boss after all." I joke and she rolls her eyes, swatting me with one of her decorative pillows that resembled an 8 ball.

"Show off." She says and I chuckle.

She rolls off my arm and sits up, pulling the t shift she had on previously on top her head so she could get out of bed.

"I need to shower and have breakfast, um, get ready however." She says and she goes to exit the room but I stop her, "uh, where you going?"

"To shower, I literally just s-"

"Excuse me, don't I get a good morning kiss?" I tease her a little, I like when she gets annoyed, riles me up.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth, you can wait." And she walks out making me scoff loudly so she hears making her laugh.

Her laugh was heavenly to listen too, if only she knew just how obsessed I was. I told her I was obsessed last night but she knows nothing. There's nothing wrong with a little few check ups of a night and making sure she gets to work okay.