Chapter 23

⚠️Mentions of DV⚠️

Flashbacks in italics.
___________

As of the last two hours, I have done nothing but silently cry in his arms, he kept me at his side not once letting me go untouched, soft and gentle all over. He had washed my face clean of any blood and held up an icepack to my face as I sobbed not long ago.

Now we were both silent, laid against the black velvet couch in the far living area, nothing like the one you see when you first come inside. It was more him, dark and comforting.

His hand was running down my back, up and down over and over again softly tracing lines. His touch was comforting considering, it took away the feeling of the bruising I new was to come. My head laid on his legs as I was curled up to his side, his back against the couch, the sound of our breathing along with the crackling of the fake fire were the only things mixing until he breaks the long silence.

"Kalisse?" He whispers probably assuming I had fallen asleep and leans forward, I turn my head to look up at him and offer him a soft smile.

"I'm good." I nod to him and he nods, stroking my hair out of my face as his face scrunches up and I close my eyes ready for what he's about to say,

"You're too fucking pretty to have marks like these on your face, I can't contain my anger every time I look at them.." he closes his eyes and I sigh.

I finally sit up after what feels like forever and I look at him, "It's fine, I- just need figure out what i'm going to do. He knows where I live and I know the doors I have are enough to keep me safe, it's just what if he keeps c-"

"He won't. He won't be breathing for much longer, I promise he will never touch a sliver of you ever again." He hisses out and holds my face and my lip wobbles, his lips catching it as it does as he presses soft kisses to mine.

"I just ran out and left Binx, I- i was scared he was going to come back. I tried to ring Lily and Liam first, I'm so so-"

"Don't you dare apologise to me right now. You can always come to me, I will be there for you every time. Kalisse.." he huffs, guilt all over his face as he rubs it.

"I-"

We were interrupted mid-conversation from my phone blaring out in the other room and my brows furrow as do Harry's until it stops.

"Who's that?" He asks as it starts to ring again and again until I realise it's probably lily or liam.

I jump from his side and rush over to my phone and I see it's Lily, I take a deep breathe before answering and immediately her voice invades my ear,

"Kali! Oh my god, I am so so sorry! So sorry, where are you? I will be with you as soon as possible, I feel... Oh god" Lily cries down the phone to me and I bite my lip to prevent myself from doing so as well. I had cried enough, I felt worthless and helpless and crying doesn't help anything.

"I'm okay. It's okay Lily, i'm okay." I assure her and she continues to rant and cry down the phone.

"He's a dead man Kali, fucking dead. If I have to do it my self I will, we have to call the police, get it on file and finally get him into fucking jail." She rants and it makes me sigh. I had just calmed down and I didn't want to go through it all again so soon.